Home

Post Your First Thought When It First Loaded Up

This is a discussion on Post Your First Thought When It First Loaded Up within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

I literally was completely in awe. This game looks so real it scared the **** out of me.

The gameplay vids online do this game no justice (and they even look great but nothing compares to the real thing).

Also, if you zoom in, in replay mode, it looks identical to the trailers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Post Your First Thought When It First Loaded Up

Man, waiting for UPS to deliver this ish is KILLING Me. Is there really a big difference from the streams? Those looked great, I can only imagine when I finally boot it up
Old 11-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Man, waiting for UPS to deliver this ish is KILLING Me. Is there really a big difference from the streams? Those looked great, I can only imagine when I finally boot it up
Honestly man, it's astronomical. My brother and I have been so hyped for it and I was petrified I over hyped it.

After seeing gameplay vids I thought it looked great but not "insane".

I popped this in last night and loaded up a game with the Heat.

Watched the intro and was like, there is no way these graphics are actually like this. 60 fps makes an enormous difference and the players realistically move and react. It looks eery. My dad saw it and was in complete disbelief.

Started up a game and just jaw hit the floor. It's incredible. The players clearly grab the rim when they dunk, the lighting, progressive sweat, emotion, everything. It's unbelievable.

Last edited by RateSports; 11-15-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Honestly man, it's astronomical. My brother and I have been so hyped for it and I was petrified I over hyped it.

After seeing gameplay vids I thought it looked great but not "insane".

I popped this in last night and loaded up a game with the Heat.

Watched the intro and was like, there is no way these graphics are actually like this. 60 fps makes an enormous difference and the players realistically move and react. It looks eery. My dad saw it and was in complete disbelief.

Started up a game and just jaw hit the floor. It's incredible. The players clearly grab the irk when they dunk, the lighting, progressive sweat, emotion, everything. It's unbelievable.
You are certainly hyping this game up...i'm about to hit the start button right now...
Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

The game is just breathe taking!! My 1st thoughts were! GREATNESS AWAITS!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #6

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

I hope I have a clean pair of underwear.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
You are certainly hyping this game up...i'm about to hit the start button right now...
Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Please let me know your thoughts.
When it first came on, the intro made me say "WTF????"

When I saw the in game graphics I said it again....When I started playing the game I said it again.

Now we are cooking with grease. I'm going to be completely honest. I was so underwhelmed with Madden that I said if 2k does not wow me i'm going to sell my PS4 and just play my 360 because i only really play sports games and Madden and 2k14 on the 360 was enough to take the edge off. If you walked in the room while I was playing Madden you would have thought I was playing the PS3...if you walked in the room while I was playing 2k you would ask WTH am I playing. This game is legit so far. I'm sure the bugs are coming but they definitely have a rock solid foundation for the future. Floor spacing is on point...the foot planting is dope...if you get someone out on the perimeter that shouldn't be guarding you they are toast...one little thing that grabbed my attention was a loose ball that Norris Cole was able to chase down and dunk with ease...it wasn't like last gen when you chasing down a loose ball was like trying to walk down Devin Hester. I'm not a video game junkie like I used to be because of my schedule but I will definitely be finding time to play this game. You 2k heads out there will be 2k crackheads. Don't even watch the streams...you definitely have to play it and see it on your own TV. Legit, legit, legit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »