Home

Everything that is wrong with MyGM - VC Discussion

This is a discussion on Everything that is wrong with MyGM - VC Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you like VC in MyGM mode?
Yes 18 12.50%
No 126 87.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #89
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Everything that is wrong with MyGM - VC Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
With respect, I think there's a little bit of a difference between online Battlefield play and what is supposed to be a real-life simulation product in NBA 2K. Perhaps a slightly better comparison would be the single player campaign of Battlefield? I'm still not sure that'd work, but at least in that regard you tend to come across new weapons organically, yes? As opposed to scoring points for killing targets and randomly buying the ability to use a bazooka throughout every single-player level?

But even then, that kind of helps illustrate the divide. I think there's a lot of people who'd like a "level up" model in NBA 2K. However, it'll always be completely at odds with gamers who began playing 2K in the first place because they yearned for a realistic NBA simulation, through and through. I came over from NBA Live 2001 because it seemed 2K's goal was to chase real life, and I thought it was awesome. The difference now is, if 2K goes the NBA Live route off the court, I no longer have a realistic alternative out there.
That is very true. More I think of it it is pretty tough to compare these two, even BF4 campaign wouldn't really relate because it is a completely linear experience.

So yea, I'm not too crazy about this....especially in the 'Franchise' mode.

Now a linear, Mass Effect style career mode would be cool...but still...pretty impossible to compare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »