Home

Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #41
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

does anyone know why i don't see the money i made off ticket sales ? yes i paid for the upgrade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 12

Lost shump for 1-2 woks with hyper extended knee.

Prigioni for season with torn ACL.

Chandler has a sore ankle.

Got bruised up in only the second game of the season.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Love the mode overall, but for some reason when I went back into mygm mode yesterday it changed the name of my gm. Has anyone else had this happen?

Only thing I can think that I did differently was I made a save in game and then went back to it.

Is there a way to change the name back?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #44
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Also did a test run with the Heat.

Ended up trading Bosh at the deadline to the Bobcats for Al Jefferson and their 1st round pick. We ended up winning the title again, beating Houston in 6 games.

In the off-season, LeBron resigned, and I decided to not even offer Wade an extension. (He got hurt in the last month of the season, and wouldn't even be ready for the start of the next year. We won the title without him, didn't need him)

The owner demanded that I signed a sixth man with an overall rating of 73 or above to replace Ray Allen. Well, with that 5th pick in the draft, I selected the best pure shooter in the class. Boris Dragic from Slovenia. The owner then demanded that I play him at least 26 minutes a game. So, with no hesitation, I took starting minutes from my new starting PF, Kenyon Martin. Signed him, Reggie Bullock and a few other guys to round out the roster. From what I can remember, the roster looked like this at the start of the second year.

PG: Mario Chalmers
SG: Jodie Meeks
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kenyon Martin
C: Al Jefferson

6th Man: Boris Dragic
That wasn't even a fair trade Jefferson is a beast.Also lol at the other guy saying its like Lebron old Cavs team. Not even close who was the Al Jefferson of the team?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Lost shump for 1-2 woks with hyper extended knee.

Prigioni for season with torn ACL.

Chandler has a sore ankle.

Got bruised up in only the second game of the season.
heh.

i traded shump / amare for horford / korver and then bargnani straight up for markieff morris. team is a beast right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
heh.

i traded shump / amare for horford / korver and then bargnani straight up for markieff morris. team is a beast right now.
I usually don't trade year one unless the Knicks do IRL. I also won't do big trades.

I'm too much of a homer. :/. I'll work FA later today though. I hope 10 days are in.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 13

So my "test" GM career I am going with the Phoenix Suns. My dedicated GM career will be with the Knicks -and my goal is to last 3 year before getting fired - but I digress. Back to the Suns - here are the highlights:
  • Owner demanded I get another 1st round draft pick - so the only way to do that was to trade my best player. Thanks boss.
  • Team really sucked - so I mostly simmed the first season.
  • Friggin Jeff Hornaceck is a whinny lil coach. Dude kept coming in my office every other week. WTH? I wanted to fire him just for that.
  • Goren Dragic was another one constantly bugging me. I know we suck -but do your damn job. I tried the supportive approach at the beginning - but by late season my responses were basically "suck it up."
  • Mission accomplished. The tank was in and I got the 3 & 5th picks of the drafts.
  • Computer generated Class - and I think I may have gotten one of those generational type players mentioned - maybe. I dunno. The guy came in with an 86 rating. That's with no training or anything. He only has one sig skilll tho - and playing with him he doesn't feel very explosive. He's a small forward with a linebacker frame and a long wingspan. We'll make it work. My other draft pick is sub average PF (rated 67)
  • Free Agency - great thing about Suns....after the first year about 9/12 players are off the books. Woo Hoo!. My prize? Uncle Drew himself Kyrie Irving! Along with Royce White, Greg Oden and Michael Beasley. YES YES - I know they cut him before...Don't judge me!!
  • Year 2 is looking good after first game - Uncle Drew got busy while my prize rookie went 2-12 from the floor but we got the W and won easily.
Can't wait to get dirty with my Knickerbockers
Old 11-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just had a few questions about this mode (thinking of getting a PS4 but only play basetkball games pretty much).

Is this the new association mode? Is there an option to take control of all 30 teams like you could in other versions of the game?

If not is the logic of the CPU any better in regards to trades, rotations and signings?

Thanks guys,

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »