Home

MyPlayer & NBA2k as two different games?

This is a discussion on MyPlayer & NBA2k as two different games? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MyPlayer & NBA2k as two different games?

Good morning gentlemen. I had an idea just now. Wouldn't it make more sense if 2k sold these two(MyPlayer&NBA2K) seperately? That way they remove all myplayer things from the game, thus opening up more room for improvement, development, and possible features into the NBA side of things as well as the Myplayer side of things.
I know a vast number of us feel as if 2k is spending more time on myplayer as opposed to the actual Nba stuff. I think they should release it seperately or atleast as some sort of 20.00 dlc. Me personally, im an association guy. Never really cared for myplayer. Tried it a few times, but always ended up back in the assoc. mode. Don't you agree that taking this route would allow 2k to further ingratiate itself with both casual and hardcore fans alike?
Acts 2:38- Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

Re: MyPlayer & NBA2k as two different games?

What you don't realize is that your precious association mode is getting ignored precisely because it doesn't make them money. If you split the game into two products then that would just amplify the problem.

The other alternative of selling every game mode separately is never going to happen because then the customer actually would have power. And also more niece game modes would instantly die. Like controlling 30 teams in an association.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

He never suggested selling all game modes seperately. Just MyCareer.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
He never suggested selling all game modes seperately. Just MyCareer.
First paragraph covers that. Selling modes separately is my idea, which would actually accomplish what he's trying to do.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't see how that solves anything. 2k already splits up its development teams into various aspects of the game. You guys seem to think that what the developers did with my career seemed to take away from other features when that totally isn't the case. The guys dealing with coding stuff for rosters or gameplay aren't the same guys making cutscenes and recording dialogues for my career. I don't see how the guys working the my career aspects of the game are taking anything away from other features when they probably have nothing to do with the rest of the game. Everything in business is compartmentalized and video game creation is no different, it takes multiple teams of developers working on different aspects of a game to create a product whether its guys writing code for jumpshots or writing scripts. Separating the game in two is completely redundant because the development teams are already working on different aspects of the game anyhow. Everyone is forgetting this is a completely new game with completely different engine and a completely different facescanning system. Its obvious by the lack of creation possibilities we have that they didn't have time to fully implement the type of player creation systems they wanted and didn't code stuff like 30 team control yet. Everyone is talking about features being taken away but thats ridiculous, these guys are starting with an almost blank slate. They had to devote so much time to writing for a new system, theres only so much you can do in its first implementation. Having developers split the game into multiple components is only going to compound the problem, not solve it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0

They definitely did not focus more on My Career as everything they did with My GM seems pretty freaking intensive to me. They took a big change in direction with these Association/My Career game modes and this is really only the foundation for where this franchise is headed. As a development team, you can't do the same thing every year and not stir things up every now and then, you need innovation in video games. Association has been the same thing for years now, and as a big association AND my career guy, its refreshing to see a drastic change in vision from 2k instead of the same rehashed, slightly improved from year to year game modes.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
They definitely did not focus more on My Career as everything they did with My GM seems pretty freaking intensive to me. They took a big change in direction with these Association/My Career game modes and this is really only the foundation for where this franchise is headed. As a development team, you can't do the same thing every year and not stir things up every now and then, you need innovation in video games. Association has been the same thing for years now, and as a big association AND my career guy, its refreshing to see a drastic change in vision from 2k instead of the same rehashed, slightly improved from year to year game modes.
I call BS. If you were an Association guy you would be well aware that they didn't actually fix ANY of the major issues which plagued Association from 2k9 onwards. All they did was add RPG like conversations with GM's. Potential is still a mess. Trade, draft, and FA logic is still a massive mess. Generic draft classes are a joke (tendencies, ratings, potential). Sim stats are still off for most teams in major categories. Staff members aren't real apart from Head Coaches. TSC hasn't been expanded at at and there are issues with it.

Last edited by Melbournelad; 11-18-2013 at 09:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »