Home

Let's Rate the CPU's Trades

This is a discussion on Let's Rate the CPU's Trades within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 04:16 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Let's Rate the CPU's Trades

I think to address things like trade logic, draft logic, maybe even re-signing logic, we need to have access to Coach Profiles as a global setting (for all modes), or at least accessible to each mode separately. With this access, the sliders for things like Inside - Outside, Athleticism - Skill, Guards - Forwards, etc. can be adjusted to better reflect how teams value the ratings/attributes of players. As it stands now, these sliders are set by the 2K team using we don't know what logic, and as such, are frequently out of whack, leading to transactions being out of whack.

(I intend NO DISRESPECT toward any member of the 2K team here)

I, myself, have noticed a significant difference (referencing 2K13 on PS3 here) in how teams drafted players in a fantasy draft going into an Association (my "test" was to set EACH of these sliders for EVERY team to 50 - 50 ... not "realistic", I know, but it was testing the logic). Though, I've yet to spend enough time in it to evaluate how it proceeds with trades/signings/NBA drafts, I assume the more balanced logic would lead to more balanced transactions.

My theory is that the 2K team tries to emulate the different teams' varying priorities toward players, but their settings are FAR too drastic (especially for those looking for an experience with current rosters that is close to "realistic").

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »