Home

Can not create a custome roster or save sliders/settings!

This is a discussion on Can not create a custome roster or save sliders/settings! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Can not create a custome roster or save sliders/settings!

When I try to download any roster I upload, I get stuck at "preparing roster for use".

I can download any roster and use it, but if I edit it, upload it and then try to download it I get stuck here.

I really wish all of this crap would get sorted out. I'm quite put off by this. 2K isn't making themselves look good by saying nothing either.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
Rookie

thelakeshow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Just wont let me click on custom roster and have me be able to edit the players etc. it just brings me to "their" screen meaning a creen with "other ppl's" rosters to download

Just wont let ME edit a roster
Tomba, to create roster u need a base. To have a base roster, u need to download one of the rosters on that screen. Here's how to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelakeshow
If you have access to the 2k14 online features, to download and use the roster, the trick is any roster you edit or use yourself has to be uploaded to the 2k servers. Anytime you edit or create a roster, you have to upload that roster for use in Quick Game.

To download the roster, you have to go to Roster Creater, then Create Roster. From there, you can either download 2k's roster or another user's Roster. Once the Roster is downloaded, you can edit the roster. To use the roster, before you completely exit the Roster Creator, remember to "Create and Upload Roster". Name the roster whatever you want.

Now, if you go the Quick Game, you will still see the Official 2k Roster loaded for Quick Game use. But if you press triangle and stroll all the way down list, and you should now see your roster at the end of the list. If you press X, and wait for it to load, you can now use your roster for quick game
To edit the roster, once u have uploaded ur base roster, when u go to roster creator, below that u should now see "Edit Roster". Again, 2 save ur results after editing ur roster, u have 2 upload the roster when finished. Whatever u name that roster will override the roster u just uploaded. To use that roster u uploaded as a base, instead of edit the roster, go to create roster

I hope that makes sense.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I posted a vid

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I posted a vid

That's what it's supposed to do. You have to pick a base to start from, which is why it brings you to that screen. Once you pick one, you can go in and edit. After picking a roster to start from, and editing, or picking and just exiting out, it'll ask if you wanna save, which you do, then name it.

After that point, every time you go to "Roster Creator", a new option, "Edit Roster" will pop up, which will take you to the roster you started to edit.

The thing that sucks, unless I'm missing something, is 2K only allows you to "have" one roster. So say you start working on a Roster, that you wanna keep, but also wanna tinker with someone elses roster. If you go to edit it, then save it, it will overwrite the previous roster you had saved. On 2K13, I had probably 8-10 different roster files on my Hard Drive. Those days seem to be long gone.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #13
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
That's what it's supposed to do. You have to pick a base to start from, which is why it brings you to that screen. Once you pick one, you can go in and edit. After picking a roster to start from, and editing, or picking and just exiting out, it'll ask if you wanna save, which you do, then name it.

After that point, every time you go to "Roster Creator", a new option, "Edit Roster" will pop up, which will take you to the roster you started to edit.

The thing that sucks, unless I'm missing something, is 2K only allows you to "have" one roster. So say you start working on a Roster, that you wanna keep, but also wanna tinker with someone elses roster. If you go to edit it, then save it, it will overwrite the previous roster you had saved. On 2K13, I had probably 8-10 different roster files on my Hard Drive. Those days seem to be long gone.

But am i not essentially picking some one elses "edited" roster? what if i just want to start with a 2k default one?

I tried picking one out of the list and when it came to the "readiying" process it stalled and took a long time to load and initialize that i just closed the game since i thought it had crashed...

How long does it take to load a file? and can we only download someone else file? i see no option for downloading the official 2k one

Thank you for responding. On day one i was able to click the custom roster and go in and edit normally now there seems to be this type of workaround
Old 11-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #14
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
But am i not essentially picking some one elses "edited" roster? what if i just want to start with a 2k default one?

I tried picking one out of the list and when it came to the "readiying" process it stalled and took a long time to load and initialize that i just closed the game since i thought it had crashed...

How long does it take to load a file? and can we only download someone else file? i see no option for downloading the official 2k one

Thank you for responding. On day one i was able to click the custom roster and go in and edit normally now there seems to be this type of workaround
The option at the very top is the Official 2K Roster. That's the one I chose when I picked one. And yeah, the loading (whether downloading or uploading) process takes a while, which is why it's BS that 2K chose to go this route. That's why I put "have" in quotation marks in my above post, because we don't "have" anything.

Every time you go to save your roster edits, it uploads to the 2K servers. Conversely, every time you go to edit a roster, it downloads from the 2K servers. So basically everything we do is controlled by 2K in some way. It's ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Hey Tomba-

When you get to that screen you can just hit X again and it will load the "OFFICIAL 2K Roster" that is highlighted at the Very Top of the Screen and then you can save/upload it as whatever you want to name it. Then you go in and edit that roster to your liking. At least thats how I understand it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #16
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
The option at the very top is the Official 2K Roster. That's the one I chose when I picked one. And yeah, the loading (whether downloading or uploading) process takes a while, which is why it's BS that 2K chose to go this route. That's why I put "have" in quotation marks in my above post, because we don't "have" anything.

Every time you go to save your roster edits, it uploads to the 2K servers. Conversely, every time you go to edit a roster, it downloads from the 2K servers. So basically everything we do is controlled by 2K in some way. It's ridiculous.
OH ok...and thanks for replying Floor General

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »