Home

Couple Strange Oversights

This is a discussion on Couple Strange Oversights within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Couple Strange Oversights

Listen, I love 2K14. The gameplay is unbelievable - it feels real. On the court it is everything I though next gen would be and more. I routinely play and say to myself "damn, that looked real". However, it is everything off-court, the real meat of the game that is leaving me scratching my head.

MyGM:

- Why can't you create a new general manager character at the start of a MyGM mode. I don't want my 21 year-old MyPlayer running a team. I want someone in their 40's+.
- Trade logic is messed up, as stated in numerous other topics.
- The fact that we cannot turn CPU trades off is bogus.
- Not being able to play other teams games is stupid.
- We should be able to alter our opponents jerseys, or even play as our opponent.

MyPlayer:

- I can appreciate the ambition that comes with the storyline aspect. On paper it seems like a fun mode, in practice however, it becomes a strict linear mode that forces players to win/lose games, feud with stars, etc.
- When beginning a MyPlayer you should have the option of creating a brand new player every time, it should not always be associated with your VC MyPlayer
- Not being able to morph faces (edit height, width, eye form, etc.) seems lazy. I understand they wanted to use real people for faces to keep graphics consistent. But if that is the case, give us 100 faces to choose from. Not 23 or whatever it is. Especially considering most of the faces look like developers in their mid 30's

Rosters:

- Holy moly, this is the one area that leaves me scratching my head the most. Why do we have to re-download rosters all the time? Why can we not have our own roster files, especially considering 2K is usually garbage with updating on time.

That being said, I love this game. The gameplay keeps me from criticizing this game too heavily. Lots of things to work on. The little things in many of these modes are causing big issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »