Home

Mypark game flow

This is a discussion on Mypark game flow within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mypark game flow

Is it just me, or does the my park experience seem like i jumped back 5 years in online gaming? The game just feels soooo slow and animated, not live and engaged.

I find the delay pretty much ruins the experience for me. I don't really see much point in playing any man to man d, as the ball carrier always gets ahuge advantage. By the time they are in a shot animation, or made the cut, it is pretty much too late to do anything because of the delay between input and action for the defender. I feel the best way to have success would be to make a myplayer with all offensive stats and just pump jumpers and paint runners all game long. Seems very arcade like to me, I'm not feelin it.

Secondly, why am I always waiting to play a game? This is a terrible waste of time imo. Is this just some ploy to get peoples myplayer some showtime so they can advertise all the great things vc can buy? I dont understand how this was perceived as a good idea for gamer satisfaction, at least not in this form.

The park also feels very generic and bland. No excitement, or bells and whistles. I can have this atmospheric experience at any of my local courts, why not implement a league format for online players, or even some bleacher fans or something. A little spice would be nice.

Why am I forced to listen to 13 year old kids calling "pass" all game long, can I mute this somehow? There is something about the internet and privacy it grants that seems to summon all of the insects out of the sewers.

I can deal with the bugs and glitches that needs to be worked out because of software/hardware changes and engine tuning, but to me these things are just inexcusable. Online games should be full of competition, excitement, brotherhood, respect, and balance. I dont see or feel any of these things in this games online myplayer experience. I will give it a few more goes, but I feel this feature is a bust, probably be offline only for me this year, and perhaps there wont even be a next year. Too bad, I really enjoy the gameplay and basketball experience offline brings.

It is pretty sad when the incredibly basic and bland and outdated eashl has a better online experience then next gen nba2k14, perhaps it is just something they decided not to focus on in this installment, hopefully it is a strong consideration for another iteration.

Last edited by Athame11; 12-07-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »