Home

Impressed not a hate thread (surprised?)

This is a discussion on Impressed not a hate thread (surprised?) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Impressed not a hate thread (surprised?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
I actually looked into the 4 yrs 18M thing for star players and that only happens now when your team actually doesn't have the money
How does that help
Old 12-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersNation
How does that help
it means they will not actually sign for that amount of money duh
Old 12-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Damn this thread got buried...everyone is just pissed.

I'm impressed by the crowd graphics. The crowd never stays the same for each game and you even see other team jerseys out in the crowd. I need to fine tune my audio settings if possible to hear crowd noise. I watched the credits and saw that they have a lot of ppl for crowd noise and I want to hear them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #12
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Also, the crowd behavior changes over the course of the game. At game end, in a close game, people are on their feet screaming, and the volume really ratchets up. Individual fans actually look like fans, not like formless blobs wearing the same three outfits. There's always room for improvement, but it's a big step forward.

I agree with the original poster: this is a great game. Sure, it's not perfect, and yes, some features didn't make the cut. But I'm glad they chose to release now rather than make us wait until next fall. Even as is, it's the best sports game I've ever played, and basketball isn't my favorite sport (though I did play hoops in school), way back when. I follow baseball, hockey and football more closely. But much as I enjoy NHL 14 and (to a lesser extent) Madden 25, they just aren't as fun for me as this game.

One recent example: in a game as the Celtics in MyGM, I came from behind to tie the game. I was downright nervous taking the ball up the court in overtime. I lost in overtime to a buzzer-beater, partly because I'd played 12-minute periods and was getting tired. Lo and behold, in our next game, the announcers mention the recent Celtics' loss and say we "ran out of gas" in overtime, lol.

And how about those announcers?! This has to be the gold standard by which sports-game announcing is measured. NHL 14 has pretty good announcing, but it's several years old now, and bios on players are at most 1-2 sentences long. Madden? Ugh. These NBA announcers laugh at the same time, talk over each other occasionally, just as real-life announcers do. I'm getting back up to speed on NBA players just by listening to these guys.

Then there's the story mode of MyCareer. Cut scenes, fun on-court action, dialog choices. Again, not perfect, but great fun.

Yes, I've encountered glitches, and I wish the devs had had time to include missing features. (My pet peeves: MyTeam's emphasis on blocks to earn stars; persistent stats in MyTeam; more feedback on why I miss a layup; a way to quickly switch between two favorite camera views; maybe more granular defense controls as in current-gen, though I do like the Points of Emphasis.)

But overall, I'm having a blast with this game. Oh, and yeah, it looks great, too.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
it means they will not actually sign for that amount of money duh
Actually your post didn't specify what your team couldn't afford. It could just have easily meant they ask for 4 yr 18 mil when you can't afford a max deal.

Duh.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #14
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Gameplay wise, I LOVE this game. Game MODE wise, ever mode I've played is terrible in implementation, and very disappointed with online leagues.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #15
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersNation
Actually your post didn't specify what your team couldn't afford. It could just have easily meant they ask for 4 yr 18 mil when you can't afford a max deal.

Duh.
Um no that's not what i said i said star players will only ask for the 18M 4yr deal now if your team actually cannot afford the real deal they're looking for and they will not sign for that 18M
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

If u just read the forums on here u would think this game was worse than live......the game is a 8.5 and ive experienced hardly any of all the issues people talk about, a few ugly faces would be my only complaint (ie) : glen davis, corey brewer, chris paul, jamal crawford and josh smith's tiny head

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »