Home

Can't catch Alley's in The Parks

This is a discussion on Can't catch Alley's in The Parks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can't catch Alley's in The Parks

They probably did this because alley-oops were a borderline exploit to get points before. You could be in a half-court set with heavy traffic in the paint and an oop would still be successful even if the defense tries to jump or get in the way of the dunker. After all these years it's still an issue with 2k games in all modes. Unless you get sucked into a contact animation, the oop will be successful if you have a good passer and dunker.

At the same time, it appears as though you cannot throw oops under any circumstance, even if it's a 2-on-0 fast break? Disappointing if that's the case, but I'd honestly rather have it this way than the way it was before. If 2k would properly fix alley-oops for future games that would solve a lot of problems.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I dont know if this is it or its the vertical, hands or dunk attributes but i had the same problem and since i threw on alley ooper level 2 im a SF, ive thrown some oops to guys in the park. But i read somewhere else that ur alley oop tendency is on 0 and if u get 1 oop it goes up to 1 and you should be able to dunk those oops. Dont know if this is true tho i havent been able to try this.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

They work. Just ran with a team that scored on an alley on 14 straight points. I've heard through mic discussions during the game that only certain positions can catch alleys. I'm starting to believe only certain positions can throw a perfect one.

What positions are you guys? I'm a PG with everything max and I have yet to complete an alley in almost 100 park games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
Rookie

They do work all you have to do is complete an alley oop dunk in MyCareer and i believe you have to have to alley ooper signature skill on to throw em
Old 12-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

I am not being able to throw down alley oop in MyCareer. Is there something Im missing? I just ask for the alley oop with L2+square, my player jumps but it doesnt throw it down as its supposed to. He doesnt even try! He jumps but does not catch the balle to throw it down.

I am a 6ft8 SF with 80something in Dunk.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #14
Pro

Brinkus's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meth0dz
They do work all you have to do is complete an alley oop dunk in MyCareer and i believe you have to have to alley ooper signature skill on to throw em
I've heard this as well. I just keep trying to get a steal and a fast break. I did a self alley-oop but no dunk and just a layup. I'll let you all know if this works in the park.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #15
Pro

Clappington's Arena

My friend and I couldnt catch alleys then we did it in mycareer n now it works at the park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagheri
I am not being able to throw down alley oop in MyCareer. Is there something Im missing? I just ask for the alley oop with L2+square, my player jumps but it doesnt throw it down as its supposed to. He doesnt even try! He jumps but does not catch the balle to throw it down.

I am a 6ft8 SF with 80something in Dunk.
Yes I had/have this same problem.

Check your player card and you'll probably find that your alley oop tendency is 0.

It's only in the last few games that I've actually been able to dunk an alley oop finish - my guy is also athletic SF with 91 dunk, maxed vertical, 83 hands. To get the ball rolling what you need to do is this;

Get open for a breakaway dunk (I know it's not easy, but stick with it. Go for a steal on opposing PGs as they walk up the court. You may need to up your quickness/speed attributes to make it possible). As you come in to the foul line area, alley oop to yourself off the glass (L2+square, LS toward bucket on PS4).

If you convert your oop (even if it's a alley layup) your alley oop tendency goes to 1 and you should be off to the races.

I've noticed that in mycareer you're still not going to have many opportunities for alley oop'ing (like maybe 1 per game, maybe 0) and they're still going to usually miss if it's not the PG throwing it to you and if he's outside the 3 point arc. But having alley oop tendency above 0 is definitely the way to get started.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »