Home

What is footplanting?

This is a discussion on What is footplanting? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
What is footplanting?

Whats footplanting if you dont have acceleration and deceleration that ties into speed and quickness ratings and enough animations to relay it?

Whats footplanting when you have steal attempts that thrust players forward with unrealistic speed bursts?

Whats foot planting if access to your total vertical leap isnt noticiably hampered when shuffling and back-peddling?

The footplanting was talked about as an improvement made to next gen and its noticable, but whats foot planting without the factors that make it add to the realism?

This isnt an indictment on NBA2k14 because I love the game, and its the first game of a new generation, so much slack is given. Im just pointing out the fact that footplanting is such a huge part of all the game's aspects that it needs to be integrated through out.

What aspects of the game would you like footplanting to play a bigger role in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is footplanting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Whats footplanting if you dont have acceleration and deceleration that ties into speed and quickness ratings and enough animations to relay it?

Whats footplanting when you have steal attempts that thrust players forward with unrealistic speed bursts?

Whats foot planting if access to your total vertical leap isnt noticiably hampered when shuffling and back-peddling?

The footplanting was talked about as an improvement made to next gen and its noticable, but whats foot planting without the factors that make it add to the realism?

This isnt an indictment on NBA2k14 because I love the game, and its the first game of a new generation, so much slack is given. Im just pointing out the fact that footplanting is such a huge part of all the game's aspects that it needs to be integrated through out.

What aspects of the game would you like footplanting to play a bigger role in?
closeouts and rotations
Old 12-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
MVP

Good point. There are some closeouts that are canned and happen to make slow bigs spry.

They also need different strides for different players.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Footplanting: that thing that happens to your defender when the offensive player online does a crossover that results in you being 457 feet away while he takes and makes a wide open 3 pointer.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
MVP

Im glad i dont play online. Things stray so far from realism that it becomes best for me to just put the controller down for the sake of my sanity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Footplanting just needs to be consistent.

I thought foot planting would be the ending of players warping and sliding, but that hasn't been the case as I have beating defenders off the dribble (due to the foot planting), only to have them warp back into position to block my seemingly wide open pull up jumper.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »