Home

MyGM Advance Playoffs

This is a discussion on MyGM Advance Playoffs within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyGM Advance Playoffs

Maybe I am missing something and am an idiot, and hopefully that is the case, but I am afraid this is a game breaking bug.

I finished the first round of the playoffs winning 4-1, all 3 other conference series were won 4-1 and one series in the other conference was finished 4-1. So that leaves 3 series which are 3-2 right now. I have no ability to advance the date. I can't play my first game of my series, it has a bunch of Game 1 spots on my teams schedule and all have no team next to them. I went to NBA.COM thinking I could advance from there, but I can't.

Is there any way to advance the date to finish all the series so I can play my second round games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyGM Advance Playoffs

This is the exact issue (4-1 then stuck) I am having right now, I searched for a solution but have found none. I have contacted 2k support about it and they asked for more details and haven't got back to me yet.

Right now I am messing around trying to find a suitable old save of mine from PS Plus cloud, the latest non bugged save I can find is 5 games from the end of the season, I guess that will have to do and I will simulate through the games until I am back to a working round 2. Gonna do some manual save backups from now on.

Odd annoying bug which I don't think there is a fix until the next patch at earliest.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

same thing happened to me in the Eastern Conference Semis. Beat the Pistons 4-2, but the Heat are stuck going into Game 7 and can't advance
Old 12-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

This is getting beyond ridiculous. This basically forces you to sim the portion of the season many of us actually play.

I guess with multiple saves you could hope others wrap up their series before you but at this point I try and do as little within the game as possible including extra saves.

Its at the point now where nearly every move you make within this game produces a new bug in some other area.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

I can not believe to this !!!
You spent your time to play a full season 82 games... (Thanks 2k to don't give us the possibility to select 14 or 29 games...) and this happen !!!
Oh my god... I will destroy my ps4 if this gappen to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

I simmed a regular season with the Rockets to see if I could get the same problem. I did. Rockets won a [simmed] series in 7 and I was just stuck there. Weird. But...After hitting every button combination I could muster I just exited out of that MyGM session -not the game- and went back in. When I started up the franchise again - it had automatically advanced to the next round and was waiting on me to play or sim game #1 of the next series. *shrugs* I am at a loss.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited by Glenn33; 12-22-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

This bug sounds horrifying. Yikes.

Someone PLEASE fill out a report:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tion-here.html
Old 12-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I simmed a regular season with the Rockets to see if I could get the same problem. I did. Rockets won a [simmed] series in 7 and I was just stuck there. Weird. But...After hitting every button combination I could muster I just exited out of that MyGM session -not the game- and went back in. When I started up the franchise again - it had automatically advanced to the next round and was waiting on me to play or sim game #1 of the next series. *shrugs* I am at a loss.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
so if i encounter this problem, basically just exit the mode and it should automatically advance?

Can anyone else confirm this works.....would suck to get to the playoffs and cant advance

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »