Home

What Do You Guys Mean By "SIM" Difficulty?

This is a discussion on What Do You Guys Mean By "SIM" Difficulty? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What Do You Guys Mean By "SIM" Difficulty?

This might sound like a dumb question, but I need to ask it. Currently I am playing Superstar difficulty as I felt HOF was too bull since the CPU would just hit everything. I'd still win, but have to score myself a lot to ensure my would be assists wouldn't just brick. However, Superstar is too easy for me and we are 40-6, I am leading the league with 56 PPG, 11 APG, 4 SPG on 12 minute quarters.

The thing that bothers me is that the games are too high scoring. I notice you guys recommend Superstar sim so before I just start playing HOF, how do I try Superstar Sim? In other words, how do I make it "sim"?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What Do You Guys Mean By "SIM" Difficulty?

I forget what it's called, but it basically affects the sliders that are used. By default it is set to "Default", but you can change it to "Casual" or "Simulation". Simulation sliders should make the game behave less arcadey and more like real basketball. Most people find that changing it to "Simulation" style feels better to play. There's also "Custom" if you'd like to play with the Sliders yourself...
Old 12-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Rookie

The problem is the default SIM sliders still allow for very high field goal percentages. If we were allowed to have sliders in MyCareer then it would truly be SIM but honestly I don't c a way to do it currently. The game is way too arcade style in MyCareer n that takes a lot out of it for me personally.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendarySJ
I forget what it's called, but it basically affects the sliders that are used. By default it is set to "Default", but you can change it to "Casual" or "Simulation". Simulation sliders should make the game behave less arcadey and more like real basketball. Most people find that changing it to "Simulation" style feels better to play. There's also "Custom" if you'd like to play with the Sliders yourself...
Ahh, thanks. I'll try that tonight. Hopefully it makes things a little better. The post above mentioned it still feels a bit arcade esque but I'm okay with any kind if improvement personally.

Thank you both and merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Funny thing. I play HOF difficulty and I score about 70 points per game with 6 assists and 10 rebounds on 8 minute quarters. HOF is way too easy and we win way too much. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
The problem is the default SIM sliders still allow for very high field goal percentages. If we were allowed to have sliders in MyCareer then it would truly be SIM but honestly I don't c a way to do it currently. The game is way too arcade style in MyCareer n that takes a lot out of it for me personally.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
This isn't necessarily true. It seems a lot of people complain about this but it kinda depends on your team in My Career. For instance, there was a lot of variance in field goal percentage when I was playing witj the 76ers but we had a good defensive team and on superstar sim we could hold opponents to as low as 39% shooting and usually keep people under 50% shooting. When I was traded to the Kings, our defense was terrible and everyone would shoot over 60% against us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »