Home

I Am Having Player Shooting Tendency Issues With NBA 2K14, Can Someone Help?

This is a discussion on I Am Having Player Shooting Tendency Issues With NBA 2K14, Can Someone Help? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
I Am Having Player Shooting Tendency Issues With NBA 2K14, Can Someone Help?

This issue has frustrated me to no end with the 2K basketball series for years. The issue that I am having is that the wrong players are taking way too many shots per game, and I have no idea how to fix it. I know a few roster makers in the past went to extensive lengths and re-rated almost every player in the game, and things did get better, but I have no idea what exactly was done to fix the issue. I have been running test games as my Pistons against the Celtics on All-Star difficulty with the original default 2K roster and NO shooting tendency slider adjustments (all of the CPU shooting tendencies are at 50).

During my test games Avery Bradley seems to have had his brain swapped with Kobe Bryant's because Bradley is jacking up shots left and right. I have been trying to get Jeff Green and Jaerd Sullinger to shoot more because they average more points per game than Bradley does (16.1 and 14.1 to 13.9), but no matter what I do Sullinger and Green refuse to shoot the ball. I even jacked Sullinger's shooting tendency to 100, his inside, mid-range and close shot tendency to 100 AND his touches to 100, and it made little-to-no difference at all, Avery Bradley still took the bulk of the shots while Sullinger passed the ball back out even when he had good post position.

I have said for years that it seems like this issue is hard-coded because nothing I have tried in the past made a difference, and this year doesn't seem to be any different. If someone could provide any insight on how to potentially fix this issue I would be extremely grateful. Overall, I believe that I can have a good time with this game if the teams and players played much more like they should.

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Re: I Am Having Player Shooting Tendency Issues With NBA 2K14, Can Someone Help?

Anybody else seeing this, or have a possible solution to this?
Old 12-29-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I Am Having Player Shooting Tendency Issues With NBA 2K14, Can Someone Help?

I just saw it, I played the Sixers and Jason Richardson hoisted up 31 shots, 17 of which were 3s. Painful reminder why I stopped purchasing this game for 2 years.

I think its a legacy issue you'll have to deal with.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
I just saw it, I played the Sixers and Jason Richardson hoisted up 31 shots, 17 of which were 3s. Painful reminder why I stopped purchasing this game for 2 years.

I think its a legacy issue you'll have to deal with.
YUP! That used to happen to me last-gen with Jason Richardson and the Sixers as well. It was Richardson and Nick Young taking all of the shots while Bynum, Turner, Hawes and Jru Holiday stood around and did nothing. I just don't understand why it is so hard for 2K to get the teams and players to play like they should. This game is zero fun without tendencies working correctly, and it's disappointing because I think I could really enjoy this game if that and a few other wrinkles were ironed out.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 12-29-2013 at 10:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »