Home

2K used to be about games for gamers

This is a discussion on 2K used to be about games for gamers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 2K used to be about games for gamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmain
I'm having more fun with their myteam mobile game than I am the actual game.
Me too! And frankly its a one-dimensional game. But the season mode is well-done and there's just enough progression to keep it interesting.

I think it's too hard to get the best players though. It's kind of like myteam..... you want to build a team but the game mode stops you from being able to get and use the best NBA players. That's a little strange.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Me too! And frankly its a one-dimensional game. But the season mode is well-done and there's just enough progression to keep it interesting.

I think it's too hard to get the best players though. It's kind of like myteam..... you want to build a team but the game mode stops you from being able to get and use the best NBA players. That's a little strange.
Yeah I have about 330 quick games played. I just now am in the middle of my first season and I am enjoying the way it is run. And doing good so far! 23-4.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Yeah I have about 330 quick games played. I just now am in the middle of my first season and I am enjoying the way it is run. And doing good so far! 23-4.
I have about 3500 quick games. It will get a bit old, trust me,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
I have about 3500 quick games. It will get a bit old, trust me,
Damn! Haha. Yeah thats usually what happens with apps for me. I play them non stop and then it gets to the point where I cant upgrade anymore and I never touch the app again.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Damn! Haha. Yeah thats usually what happens with apps for me. I play them non stop and then it gets to the point where I cant upgrade anymore and I never touch the app again.
It's not a problem of upgrading with this one. It's a problem of really, really low drop rates for epics and legendaries. I have pulled 3 epics from the ~6000 picks I've gotten from quick games. And there are people with 17k picks with no legendaries. Anyway this derails my thread a little. There's a myteam mobile thread in the 2k current gen forum, check it out if you haven't seen it.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
It's not a problem of upgrading with this one. It's a problem of really, really low drop rates for epics and legendaries. I have pulled 3 epics from the ~6000 picks I've gotten from quick games. And there are people with 17k picks with no legendaries. Anyway this derails my thread a little. There's a myteam mobile thread in the 2k current gen forum, check it out if you haven't seen it.
I see. And yeah, ill go check that out and let you get back on topic.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
My list of studios is about to be knocked down to Irrational, R*, Naughty Dog, and SCEA.

I don't even know what Konami is doing with MGS anymore.
Off-topic but I was thinking about getting MGS 5. What do you not like about it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Off-topic but I was thinking about getting MGS 5. What do you not like about it?
It's been a while since I saw that video that was released of the gameplay, but when it got to the part where Snake was taking on multiple enemies, taking damage from everywhere, had regenerating health, and was blowing up a pursuing tank with C4...

I was like...this is not Snake.

Not saying it'll be a bad game (I believe in Hideo's ability to tell a story), but I remember the days of having to be super careful, because if you were spotted, you were ******.

Snake, once again, has regenerating health...but this time it's in the course of battle, doesn't seem to be something aided by the user's decisions and using in-game items (dunno if they're in or not, but in the video, the blood splotches that represent damage slowly fade away).

My favorite MSG is Snake Eater. So you can kinda see why those sort of changes would make me say "hold up, son."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »