Home

My Career Method to Being Traded to Your Favorite Team

This is a discussion on My Career Method to Being Traded to Your Favorite Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My Career Method to Being Traded to Your Favorite Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toragzfrom
I got to the suns as center twice. first with a 7 2' center and then made another one(6 11') due to rebounding issues. I think both games I had double double 20-10 range A+ and jax was under 10 and close to 5 boards i think. got interviewed by phx detroit iirc. for my second save ellis was drafted by suns and I was drafted by pelicans. went to dashboard(xbox one) loaded up my save. the draft started again and this time suns picked me instead.
I'm trying to do it with a SG. So if I'm on ps4 I just go out of the game to the home screen and then load up mycareer again and the draft will start again?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #58
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

The moment I saw a team I didn't like pick me, I go dashboard and when I load my save draft would start again. Did it like 10-15 times on a save and there is only a select few teams that will pick you. once I had a same team pick me over and over again, no matter how many times I restarted. But to answer your question, yes draft would start again, if you dashboard right away the moment your name is announced(dont let it progress to the scene with GM)
Old 01-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toragzfrom
The moment I saw a team I didn't like pick me, I go dashboard and when I load my save draft would start again. Did it like 10-15 times on a save and there is only a select few teams that will pick you. once I had a same team pick me over and over again, no matter how many times I restarted. But to answer your question, yes draft would start again, if you dashboard right away the moment your name is announced(dont let it progress to the scene with GM)
Couldn't you just exit the normal way? (press O on PS4, exit)
Old 01-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #60
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz
I'm trying to do it with a SG. So if I'm on ps4 I just go out of the game to the home screen and then load up mycareer again and the draft will start again?
Dude are you picking the Suns as your favorite team prior to the draft interviews? If you are, then thats why they arent drafting you. The team you pick as your favorite will not draft you. You need to pick a different team other than the Suns and then you should be able to go 5th if you have a good enough showcase and answer the right questions.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:16 AM   #61
Pro

I just got screwed. (Not doing this method).

I was on the Suns playing HOF and we were doing great but the bench PG on the Thunder got injured so I decided to take the opportunity to try and get on the team. I am a 98 overall PG.

I selected only the Thunder with my chem at 100% team and GM. They were also highest on the desired list and the one I selected as my favorite.

I got traded to the Wizard so now I am miserable. They even got me as a SG now instead of a PG even though my position is a PG on the player card.

Should I just try again the next chance I get? Or is there a way I can revert back to the Suns? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Crookid; 01-21-2014 at 01:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #62
Rookie

Tried this again. Completed all the steps according to your description: told my star teammate to shove it, asked my GM to trade him, told GM everything was great the meeting after etc, but now it's been a bunch of games since and still nothing. My GM relationship is currently sitting at 13%, I'm in the rumor mill, but it's early February now and I'm just not getting traded.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:34 AM   #63
Rookie

Just did this. Trying to get to the Lakers and ended with the Pels, here's how it went:

- 8 Min Quarters, All Star, Default, drafted by the Suns, spent zero VC since I wanted to make sure I would be traded to the team I wanted before spending, 64 SF the entire time.
- Had stellar GM relationship/Teammate Chemistry up until the sidekick roll (oh, and I didn't go out with teammates when asked to go party)
- Got promoted to starter, Told Eric Bledsoe no to sidekick
- This is where it was a little interesting/different. My GM Meeting immediately after telling Bledsoe no to sidekick and me being a starter, did not give me the option to voice concerns about a teammate. HOWEVER, the GM Meeting immediately before being named a starter/no to sidekick DID give me the option to voice dissatisfaction with a teammate AND the Lakers (my favorite team) was the most interested party.
- So, since the GM Meeting after me being a starter didn't have the option, I kept playing the 5ish games until the next GM Meeting. I got bored quick and wanted to push through, so I fouled out/set it to Rookie/Casual/6 min/Game Speed 100.
- Pushed through the 5 games and met with the GM, and the option was available but the New Orleans Pelicans were most interested and the Lakers were now in red... Went ahead and voiced dissatisfaction with Bledsoe.
- Pushed through to next GM Meeting, said everything was great.
- Played 1 game after that meeting and got traded to NOPE.

I'm thinking that it doesn't matter if you are starting or not, all that matters is that when you voice dissatisfaction with the star teammate, that your favorite team is most interested. I'm gonna give it a go with that idea in mind... Not looking forward to the next 2 weeks of pointless games haha.

Side note: So frustrated that 2k14 doesn't give Free Agency... But anyways... haha

Last edited by jdsimons; 01-24-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #64
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Remember guys its not 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »