Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #129
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

better ai for both user and cpu teams. this means that my teammates should be able to react to the situation and move intelligently. i shouldnt see a wide open path to the basket and my teammate just stands there instead of cutting. for cpu ai i would like to see them be more reactive rather than being as psychic as they are now. try to make them react like humans instead of knowing my button inputs.

the pick and roll game needs a complete overhaul. i shouldnt have to decide what the screener is going to do before the screen is set. it should be reactive. realistically i would like to only have to call for the pick and the ai screener intelligently decides what to do next based on how the defense reacts. but even if i can control it i should be able to make them slip roll or pop dynamically.

a combination of the above two is the path the screener takes after setting the pick. if i want the guy to roll he should roll toward the basket not take an arcing route. if i want him to pop he should fade out to the open side. in either case he should be trying to give me an open lane to pass the ball or draw a defender away.

transitions between animations need a lot of work and this could really help eliminating sliding/warping. the ball should bounce on every dribble instead of warping back to the players hand just because they are changing directions. feet shouldnt slide into place just because the animation thats taking place needs to start closer to a certain spot. add an extra step to get to the right spot if need be.

i would love for 2k to fix their uniforms. the skin textures and bodies look great but the uniforms look bad. they are still way too baggy. most players shorts stop before the bend in their knees and they are not so loose that they flow around. same with jerseys. they finally fixed the armholes but the rest of the jersey is still huge. very few players wear loose jerseys. in most cases (in the game) the players chests are huge. durant is very skinny all around. they got the arms right but his chest is too big. they really need to have multiple sizes for both jerseys and shorts. it also seems like the material for the jerseys is too thick. the little bump that hangs over the shorts is too prominent. basketball jerseys are thin and light and for the most part conform to the players body.

example of shorts length/bagginess
Spoiler

example of jersey fit and how thin jersey material is
Spoiler

another example of jersey fit. also shows shorts length
Spoiler

focus the commentary more on the action happening on the floor. there is very little dead air which is great but they spend too much time talking about the back stories and things irrelevant to the game. irl there are lead ins the back stories based on something that happens in the game and the stories arent incredibly long. they focus mostly on whats happening live. when they bring up stats (rebounding leaders stats from last season etc.) they should have a reason to bring them up. we shouldnt see or hear about a stat line like that every game. if im at the free throw line they shouldnt be talking about where we were at in rebounding last year. they should be talking about the foul (preferably showing a replay of the foul) and maybe how im shooting from the line.

bring in a full pregame and halftime show. the pregame should feature a lot of the backstory information they bring up now during the game. maybe some highlights from the last time the two teams played and keys to the game. the halftime show should go into the studio (see nfl 2k5--how 2k hasnt done anything like this since is beyond me) and discuss the action from the half. talk about where each team is succeeding/failing and what they need to do to differently in the second half. i would like to see the post game go away completely in favor of a weekly wrap up (again see nfl 2k5).

relating to the above i would love to see a localized presentation package. this means that if im playing as the cavs the presentation would be similar to what i would see/hear watching it on the fox sports ohio. the commentary tends to favor the cavs and they focus more on them. the halftime report discusses more about what the cavs did well and what they need to change. the post game does the same.

those are my big-ticket items that i would like to see (on top of vc being either revamped considerably or removed completely).

Last edited by El_Poopador; 01-26-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:49 AM   #130
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

If you have specific ideas around team building and trade logic, feel free to post them here as well so that I can have one place to look for that: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...our-ideas.html

If you're going to post, please read the notes in my first post. Thank you!
Novato, CA, USA
Old 01-27-2014, 10:50 PM   #131
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'd like if the self-backboard-alley-oop were moved to its own signature dunk package. That way, only players with the "Self-Oop" package would attempt this play when the corresponding "off-the-backboard" button combo were input. This would limit the self-lob to players who've actually pulled it off in real life (ex: JaVale McGee).

For all other players, alley-oops off the backboard to trailing teammates should occur when the proper button combo is pressed.

I've noticed there's times where a standard alley-oop or off-the-backboard lob is intended but instead, players like Andre Miller will attempt a self-lob. I feel making the self-lob a signature dunk package would eradicate that issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 11:11 PM   #132
Just started!

Changing shoes at halftime
Old 01-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #133
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'd like in-game and post-game notifications (via in-game graphic or commentary mention) when a player breaks a team or NBA record.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:19 AM   #134
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Improve player spacing. Courts should be "wider" and players should be smaller scaled to the court. They are too big scale wise which crowds the court a bit
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:03 AM   #135
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Improve player spacing. Courts should be "wider" and players should be smaller scaled to the court. They are too big scale wise which crowds the court a bit

I agree. A regulation NBA court is 50 by 94 feet I believe and it doesn't look like it's anywhere near that. Been a problem in 2k as long as I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #136
MVP

Basketball GURU's Arena

OVR: 15

coach record

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »