Home

Biggest Pet Peeve

This is a discussion on Biggest Pet Peeve within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Biggest Pet Peeve

First of all, let me say that while NBA 2K14 has a lot of problems and is far from a perfect game, I am enjoying it since patch 3 was released.

But among the numerous problems and glitches, the biggest pet peeve I have with the gameplay is the ability for the CPU to recover (and score) on loose balls and blocked shots.

Here's the scenario that I know you've all experienced -- the CPU has the ball in the paint. They put up a weak interior shot. You time everything perfectly and block the heck out of the attempt. But instead of recovering the ball or the ball going out of bounds or the ball being tipped out (or any other number of possibilities), the CPU-controlled player who was just blocked miraculously gets the ball back and (using reaction timing not available to anyone but the CPU) is able to get the put-back to go, all seemingly before the USER controlled player who just blocked the shot is out of his jumping animation.

Now, sometimes, this doesn't happen just as I detailed. Sometimes, the ball finds its way to a nearby CPU-controlled teammate who also is able to put the shot back in at a speed no slower than that of light.

But it is rare, if not unprecedented, to block an interior shot and gain control of the shot you just blocked (whether from the person who blocked it or a USER controlled teammate).

Part of the problem, in my estimation, is the physics of the situation. When a USER blocks the CPU under the basket, the ball doesn't actually travel that far. Actually, it doesn't travel much at all. Therefore, it always seems to land right where the block occurred.

Another part of the problem is simply that the CPU has an unfair advantage. If a USER and CPU has equal probability of getting the lose ball, the CPU will almost always win.

Keep in mind this is not a slider I can change (like offensive or defensive rebounding). It is an inherent problem with the game.

Sorry about the rant but I didn't see anything posted about this and I personally find it to be one of the most infuriating problems with 2K14 gameplay on next-fen systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve

This has been discussed numerous times, but I hear you...lol

no question its an issue within the game, but I wonder if the off\def awareness helps this at all....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »