Home

Zone Defense - Back and better than ever

This is a discussion on Zone Defense - Back and better than ever within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Zone Defense - Back and better than ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
No its not what i implied. But im not about to argue with a ignorant troll. U must play 1-3-1 zone? Did i hurt your little feelings? Lmao. #getoutyafeelings #itsonly2k #troll
I play whatever suits the game im playing. The zone works at times and sometimes it doesn't. That doesn't mean someone is a coward for using a defensive set. If you cant beat the defensive set then that's your problem. They all can be beat. Stop using the troll excuse because you don't like what someone is saying to you.

Last edited by TheRealHST; 01-27-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 06:01 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I play whatever suits the game im playing. The zone works at times and sometimes it doesn't. That doesn't mean someone is a coward for using a defensive set. If you cant beat the defensive set then that's your problem. They all can be beat. Stop using the troll excuse because you don't like what someone is saying to you.
Im starting to understand that now. Its not so much the users fault even tho I will be the first to talk shh everytime I beat them b/c I dont need a zone, fxxx a zone. I know how to play d. Most ppl who use zone do not know how to defend so thats what they resort to.

Im learning its not your fault tho its 2k's fault for making it so effective all the damn time and its been like this for years now for some reason. Its crazy b/c when the game first came out I dont remember the zone being NEARLY as effective as it is now. WTF is going on!

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 01-27-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am having a hard time playing on ball defense online this year(next gen) version. It seems that the defense is slow when guarding the player like i am stuck in some type of animation, any suggestions or defense play type.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Im starting to understand that now. Its not so much the users fault even tho I will be the first to talk shh everytime I beat them b/c I dont need a zone, fxxx a zone. I know how to play d. Most ppl who use zone do not know how to defend so thats what they resort to.

Im learning its not your fault tho its 2k's fault for making it so effective all the damn time and its been like this for years now for some reason. Its crazy b/c when the game first came out I dont remember the zone being NEARLY as effective as it is now. WTF is going on!
Every zone has a vulnerability. You just have find it.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Yea u are a troll cuz i said NOTHING about using it in spurts. I was referring to people who use it ALL game. Now please stop replying to me cuz you're wasting my time with your "so called" assumptions. Keep it moving TROLL and worry about you. If u can do that u will be fine. SMH
Old 01-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage

U said the key phrase in your post. Most of the time people who run ZONE ALL GAME cant play defense to save their life. They hide behind that because they cant play man. Its simple logic. Everybody knows running zone against top players ALL GAME is suicide. Its too easy to pick any zone apart. It kills me how some people think they good when they in a zone all game and when u beat them they wonder y they got beat so bad. Too many holes in the defense.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:17 AM   #31
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Miami
When I first played NBA 2K14 on November 22nd and the following week some of these problems didn't exist. You wouldn't get hung up in animations when you wanted to pass the ball and your teammates didn't run into the defense when you went to pass them the ball. The floor spacing also seemed better. You could also drive into the lane and cause the defense to rotate and find an open shooter.

Somewhere along the line when they patched the game these things disappeared. I would like to know why.
More likely you didn't notice because the game was new. "Honeymoon period", if you will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 04:03 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonioshellz
If you select the SPACE THE FLOOR offensive set it will keep your shooters around the perimeter. Also running some type of Horns set will put your wing players in the corner for an open shoot against the 1-3-1 or at least cause some type of rotation by defense.
Even when you use the Points of Emphasis and setup your offense your AI teammates will still do stupid stuff like cut into the defense when they could have been wide open. The AI is simply broken and it wasn't when the game first released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »