Home

Eco-Motion

This is a discussion on Eco-Motion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #25
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Eco-Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
Eco-Motion doesn't mean they threw out all the old animations.

The engine is the system that chooses, blends, and alters animations.
Yes. Eco-Motion adds a layer of spontaneity and randomness to certain animations so when the devs told us every jumpshot is different they were close enough to being right. The problem is it doesnt cover physical contact so you have a bunch of uncalled blocking fouls in place to help up for the poor onball defense.

I'll say it again Visual Concepts should take not from Fifa.
Fifa has realistic contact and the animation and AI to go with it so while the contact is free in the sense that there are no invisible boundaries shielding you, you rarely blame them for when you get called for fouls. Its mainly because you did something wrong and its not so common it robs your aggression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 10:22 AM   #26
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

My problem with warping and sliding is that the engine finds it necessary to create this false contact just because. If I create separation and try to go up for a layup/dunk there should be no snapping/warping into position to create some contact. I've seen far too often I'll have an opening for a layup and all of sudden the warping behind the player happens and you get tossed into some silly animation.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #27
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
My problem with warping and sliding is that the engine finds it necessary to create this false contact just because. If I create separation and try to go up for a layup/dunk there should be no snapping/warping into position to create some contact. I've seen far too often I'll have an opening for a layup and all of sudden the warping behind the player happens and you get tossed into some sillyanimation.
That's the perfect word to describe this game. Silly
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Eco-Motion

I'm surprised you guys still play TBH, you sound miserable the majority of the time
Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #29
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm surprised you guys still play TBH, you sound miserable the majority of the time
I haven't been complaining . Hell I've been called a homer defending the game. I know it has issues though
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #30
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Basketball junkie. It can't be helped. But it's definitely an abusive relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 01-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #31
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

I ain't gonna lie, gameplay wise this is the best 2k has been ever.

Now lately I haven't had the time that I've had in the past to sit down and play games upon games upon games. But with the amount of time that I have had (pre latest patch) the game has been great, again gameplay wise.

All the games that I have played lately (post latest patch) have been UvU with peeps at the house and that is probably making it more fun than anything else but the games have been competitive against peeps who play 2k and blowouts against peeps who don't play that often at all, regardless of teams.

There are still occurrences of warping/sliding but no where near as bad as last gen. And the majority of that is caused by over inflated ratings across the board once again. Go back and look at the OS fav 2k11, the ratings were much lower on average.

Thats about it from me, I still enjoy 14 when I get time to hop on to play, offline only against friends. Online for me has been TURRIBLE and I am boycotting online play until 15.

Hopefully I will be able to get some time to play more and maybe try out online again here next month but too much on my plate right now to even think about playing 2k for any given amount of time. 2 businesses starting up and finishing a book.

Shall be back OS. JW
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #32
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
I ain't gonna lie, gameplay wise this is the best 2k has been ever.

Now lately I haven't had the time that I've had in the past to sit down and play games upon games upon games. But with the amount of time that I have had (pre latest patch) the game has been great, again gameplay wise.

All the games that I have played lately (post latest patch) have been UvU with peeps at the house and that is probably making it more fun than anything else but the games have been competitive against peeps who play 2k and blowouts against peeps who don't play that often at all, regardless of teams.

There are still occurrences of warping/sliding but no where near as bad as last gen. And the majority of that is caused by over inflated ratings across the board once again. Go back and look at the OS fav 2k11, the ratings were much lower on average.

Thats about it from me, I still enjoy 14 when I get time to hop on to play, offline only against friends. Online for me has been TURRIBLE and I am boycotting online play until 15.

Hopefully I will be able to get some time to play more and maybe try out online again here next month but too much on my plate right now to even think about playing 2k for any given amount of time. 2 businesses starting up and finishing a book.

Shall be back OS. JW
I still think 11 is better because of the animations. 2k14 has to many contact layup animations that cant be stopped and the pip is more unrealistic than 11. Also 11 had more realistic shot gathers off the dribble and pull up threes were more realistic. In a nutshell1 had better defense.

But I definitely agree that user v. User is more realistic than playing the hof cpu. Additionally, i like how ecomotion and personality badges affect the game. Good luck on your other hustlers.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »