Home

NBA 2K14 Patch #4 Available Now For PS4

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Patch #4 Available Now For PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #57
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 Patch #4 Available Now For PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
you did this after the patch? if it doesn't work im not wasting vc on that crap
No, it was before the second patch I believe. I have been hoping after each patch that it may have been fixed. I have barely touched My Career this year because of the issue with plays not being called.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #58
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
No, it was before the second patch I believe. I have been hoping after each patch that it may have been fixed. I have barely touched My Career this year because of the issue with plays not being called.
Ok im wondering if it works after this patch
Old 02-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #59
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

Quote:
Ok im wondering if it works after this patch
I am playing My Career right now and it is still not working. I feel like maybe the plays just don't work the same as they did in previous games. I will be moving around the court then the play vision will randomly pop up for me to curl around screens from time to time. I wish it worked liked it did in previous games where as the point guard was bringing the ball up the floor it designated the spot for you to go on the court to initiate the play.

I still cannot manually call plays for myself though. I can bring up the play menu but cannot actually select a play for myself or any of my teammates. What I am doing right now is when the ball is passed to me I hold down L1 for quick play and a play will usually run. I guess it is better than nothing.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
I am playing My Career right now and it is still not working. I feel like maybe the plays just don't work the same as they did in previous games. I will be moving around the court then the play vision will randomly pop up for me to curl around screens from time to time. I wish it worked liked it did in previous games where as the point guard was bringing the ball up the floor it designated the spot for you to go on the court to initiate the play.

I still cannot manually call plays for myself though. I can bring up the play menu but cannot actually select a play for myself or any of my teammates. What I am doing right now is when the ball is passed to me I hold down L1 for quick play and a play will usually run. I guess it is better than nothing.

I've been debating wether or not I should get this skill. Let me get this clear. You can't call manual plays but you can use the smart play thing? I think that might be enough for me to get it because I'm tired of my team just standing around. How do the plays run? Do they break easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #61
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I know everyone complained about the number of trades before. But post patch season one saw one trade. Jeremy Lamb for V.Carter. I really hope that is an aberration.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #62
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
I've been debating wether or not I should get this skill. Let me get this clear. You can't call manual plays but you can use the smart play thing? I think that might be enough for me to get it because I'm tired of my team just standing around. How do the plays run? Do they break easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is correct. You can call quick plays but it does not work every time. But there is no way for you to call manual plays with the play menu. It will pop up when you press L1 and then press the button for the corresponding player, but you are never able to actually call the play. Like I said above it is better than nothing. I also go to options and in the coach profile put run plays to 100. Do not know if that actually does anything or not though.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #63
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I know everyone complained about the number of trades before. But post patch season one saw one trade. Jeremy Lamb for V.Carter. I really hope that is an aberration.

Yeah the trades amount was fixed a while ago
Old 02-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #64
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Yeah the trades amount was fixed a while ago
I personally don't think that is fixed. Teams trade in the nba all the time to build for the future, set up for cap space, or put pieces in place for a run.

One trade...a sg for a slightly higher rated older shooting gaurd...is not great team building logic.

How many trades have occured in the real nba this year? Alot more than 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »