Home

Why even have substitutions if ?

This is a discussion on Why even have substitutions if ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just played someone who basically used Lebron all game and despite having the Gatorade icon for most the 2nd Half was still making plays with him late in the 4th.

Why even have substitutions if they is no downside for playing your Star player all game long ?

Sent from my iPad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Why even have substitutions if ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstikes
I just played someone who basically used Lebron all game and despite having the Gatorade icon for most the 2nd Half was still making plays with him late in the 4th.

Why even have substitutions if they is no downside for playing your Star player all game long ?

Sent from my iPad
You are aware that your overall decreases as your stamina does, right? So wth are u on about? There is a downside. You just got beat.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
You are aware that your overall decreases as your stamina does, right? So wth are u on about? There is a downside. You just got beat.
The downside just isn't big enough in short online games.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The downside just isn't big enough in short online games.
The downside is the exact same downside as it is in regular games. Don't blame the game because you couldn't stop your opponent
Old 02-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
The downside is the exact same downside as it is in regular games. Don't blame the game because you couldn't stop your opponent
It isn't. Fatigue doesn't affect players as much in short games as long ones. It's been that way for years.

It has nothing to do with losing or winning because you can just play your best players for the full game as well, though it obviously favors teams with the best starters. It has to do with realistic substitutions and simulation, unless you're totally cool with arcade play.

Did the OP even say he lost? Why not actually discuss a legitimate issue instead of dismissing things with unflattering assumptions?

Last edited by Sundown; 02-15-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
It isn't. Fatigue doesn't affect players as much in short games as long ones. It's been that way for years.

It has nothing to do with losing or winning because you can just play your best players for the full game as well, though it obviously favors teams with the best starters. It has to do with realism.
Of course it favors teams with the best players. If your overall 99 and your overall drops to 70 because of fatigue throughout the game, obviously you will be better off than the guy who started the game as a 80 overall and goes through the same thing
Old 02-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Of course it favors teams with the best players. If your overall 99 and your overall drops to 70 because of fatigue throughout the game, obviously you will be better off than the guy who started the game as a 80 overall and goes through the same thing
You missed the point. It favors teams with the best starters and not those with good bench players. It doesn't punish for lack of backups or force you to use good lineups in any capacity.

The Heat would be good regardless but the low impact of fatigue in short games (it really isn't the same as full games) allows one to just overuse starters with less repercussion.

This actually favors my team but it's just silly when playing a friend who insists on using starters the whole game with no semblance of realism.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah, I agree fatigue should have a bigger impact other than just sprinting.

I've played folks that never subbed or the CPU doesn't sub (in team up) and it has little or no affect.

Playing the entire game should have no turbo, cramping, or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »