Home

How To: Finish Alley Oops In the Park

This is a discussion on How To: Finish Alley Oops In the Park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
Pro

imfromhoiland's Arena

OVR: 0
How To: Finish Alley Oops In the Park

I found some threads on alley oops, but no tutorial on how to finish alley oops in the park. If you are like me, you got really frustrated with being unable to finish alley oops in the park. Nothing would go down. There is a reason for that, and a simple fix.

If you look at your myplayer stats, go to tendencies. Under alley oops tendency it will be 0 if you are unable to finish alley oops. This needs to be changed to a nonzero digit in order to be able to finish alley oops in the park.

Here's how you do it:
1. For this to be easy, go to your mycareer settings. Change the difficulty to rookie and game mode to casual.
2. Play a game. In game, pressure the ball handler coming down the floor and attempt a steal.
3. Once you get the steal and are on a clear path to the basket, throw up a self alley oop.

It's that simple. That's it. You can intentionally foul yourself out of the game if you want, as you won't be getting much VC with rookie difficulty.

If you want a video demonstration, here's the video: How To Finish Alley Oops In The Park
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How To: Finish Alley Oops In the Park

Also, if ur making a new player just for the park and not to play MyCareer with. Don't play the rookie game. You can alley oop in the park if you have not yet played the rookie game.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Do you know if only athletic player types are able to complete the self alley oop? Say if I got a point forward SF, am I screwed?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Pro

imfromhoiland's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Do you know if only athletic player types are able to complete the self alley oop? Say if I got a point forward SF, am I screwed?
I think my SF is all around and he could do it.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
MVP

And to stop people from catching alley oops get between them and the rim and use intense d to interrupt their path. You're not going to block, you're not going to steal, just get physical, grab them, and get in their way.

I've seen so many people play 2 on 2 and not know how to defend against it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Thanks man. Had trouble completing the self oop until I realized you have to hold R2 down as well.

When calling for oops, how do you actually complete it? Just press and hold L2+square? Hold turbo aswell?
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 AM   #7
Rookie

My tendency reset! It was in the 90s and I go to play a game today and nobody will throw me one! I never even used to have to call for them, now my tendency is at 0. Wtf this game is getting on my last nerve
Old 02-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
Pro

Some additional notes:

If you are using a fully upgraded character to get your tendency up as I was, training boost your steal to 99 and use Rank 3 pick pocket. I was able to get over 10 steals/fast breaks to throw a self ally oop in one game to get my tendencies nice and high for in-game oops from player in MC as well.

If anyone is interested in an in-game ally oop tutorial you can check out my video here: http://youtu.be/uTczNr4okys

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »