Home

Getting drafted to the Mavs in MyCareer?

This is a discussion on Getting drafted to the Mavs in MyCareer? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Getting drafted to the Mavs in MyCareer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW11
I agree 100%. I've tried to get drafted by the Mavs but no luck. I tried the trade method described in the thread on the forums and still no luck. I'm not sure it's possible to play for the Mavs in this game. Please let me know if you have any luck and what it took to get on the Mavs.
ive been on the mavs twice in My career . first time was my 1st year i wanted to play with brooklyn , and i went from sacremento to los angeles to dallas . i think they traded shawn marion 1st round pick for me . i was around 70-80 rating

2nd time was my last year i was 99 ovr and they traded mad picks for me . i retired after the trade because i couldnt get on the team i wanted.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
Has anyone been or seen anyone get drafted higher than #5 to the Suns? I really want to go to the Magic but I have only seen people go 5th or higher.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Just look through the thread man. You'll see all the teams that can draft you at the top. The highest you can go is 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #11
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillcity889
ive been on the mavs twice in My career . first time was my 1st year i wanted to play with brooklyn , and i went from sacremento to los angeles to dallas . i think they traded shawn marion 1st round pick for me . i was around 70-80 rating

2nd time was my last year i was 99 ovr and they traded mad picks for me . i retired after the trade because i couldnt get on the team i wanted.
What position did you play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey when you guys try multiple times tog et on a team, do you start over and recreate a new player? Or just quit game quickly after they call your name at the draft? I want on the Pelicans, and I even tanked the interview with the Suns and went all out on the interview for the Pels. Got drafted to the Bobcats (Whom I played for on my PF, so screw doing it again). I've tried quitting quickly about 5 times now. And every time I go to the Bobcats, except one time I didn't. But I also didn't get pick to the Pels, so I quit that time too. So I KNOW it can change up, just seems to be the same most of the time.

I really don't wanna make another character. I'm so tired of not being able to skip the cutscenes.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
Hey when you guys try multiple times tog et on a team, do you start over and recreate a new player? Or just quit game quickly after they call your name at the draft? I want on the Pelicans, and I even tanked the interview with the Suns and went all out on the interview for the Pels. Got drafted to the Bobcats (Whom I played for on my PF, so screw doing it again). I've tried quitting quickly about 5 times now. And every time I go to the Bobcats, except one time I didn't. But I also didn't get pick to the Pels, so I quit that time too. So I KNOW it can change up, just seems to be the same most of the time.

I really don't wanna make another character. I'm so tired of not being able to skip the cutscenes.

Yea it can change. I was trying to get on the Kings for a long time and when I got picked by Detroit I was upset so I just closed the game. Later I reloaded it hoping I could do the interviews over. I couldn't redo anything but got drafted to the Sixers so I just stayed with it.
A word of advice: if you're trying to get on Pelicans, don't pick them as your favorite team when your agent asks you at the beginning. I'm not sure why but it seems like your favorite team won't draft you. Just get a similar stat line as before and you have a good chance of being interviewed by them.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Yea it can change. I was trying to get on the Kings for a long time and when I got picked by Detroit I was upset so I just closed the game. Later I reloaded it hoping I could do the interviews over. I couldn't redo anything but got drafted to the Sixers so I just stayed with it.
A word of advice: if you're trying to get on Pelicans, don't pick them as your favorite team when your agent asks you at the beginning. I'm not sure why but it seems like your favorite team won't draft you. Just get a similar stat line as before and you have a good chance of being interviewed by them.

Blah. I did pick them as my favo team. Dammit. I really don't wanna do all of that again. Although it is fun playing with Lillard and Drummond. (Yeah.... not sure why they're in the rookie showcase but whatever.)
Old 03-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
Blah. I did pick them as my favo team. Dammit. I really don't wanna do all of that again. Although it is fun playing with Lillard and Drummond. (Yeah.... not sure why they're in the rookie showcase but whatever.)

Yea the cutscenes suck. And what is this I hear about the rookie showcase with sophomores? I've heard someone say this before but I thought it just might be one incident. Is it always like that?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Yea the cutscenes suck. And what is this I hear about the rookie showcase with sophomores? I've heard someone say this before but I thought it just might be one incident. Is it always like that?

No, it used to not do this. I have no idea why it started doing this. Maybe it happened with this last patch? No clue. It's silly. I think on my SF the teams are:

PG: Lillard
SG: Don't remember
SF: Me
PF:Plumlee
C: Drummond

vs

PG: Burke
SG: Oladipo
SF: Ellis
PF: Davis
C: Don't remember

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »