Home

Defense Against The Penetrate And Kick

This is a discussion on Defense Against The Penetrate And Kick within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Defense Against The Penetrate And Kick

So when I play against my brother or friends I play a man to man as the user on someone other than the PG. All they do is penetrate and then I have to come over to help on defense and then they always kick it out to the open guy on the perimeter for three. Is there a good defense to prevent this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Defense Against The Penetrate And Kick

Set POE's to limit perimeter shots, conservative defense, and set your offensive POE to anything except crash offensive boards or run in transition (so you have good transition defense and defensive rebounding).

Use a team like the Bulls that have good perimeter defenders.

What will happen is you will play a sagging man to man to stop penetration and if you do get burnt (which is unlikely esp if you use a good man defensive team) then your perimeter defenders won't collapse to help. Use your big man to manually bring help.

You might give up a few baskets inside and they might pull up and hit a few, but that should stop the kick and drive game.

Which is an easier shot though? A pull up 3 that is semi-contested or a wide open set 3?

For zones I use a 3-2 against a 3 out/2 in offense and I use a 1-3-1 (put an athletic SF at the 4) and manually control the middle guy to cover the corners.

Try to stick with man and mix in the zones occasionally.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 03-03-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks so much for the informative feedback man I appreciate it!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #4
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

NP! Glad to help, especially since it can be difficult to coordinate a good gameplan without individual assignments.

I forgot to mention I use the 1-3-1 vs 4 out/1 in offenses since I basically have 4 guys in a zone guarding the perimeter (you control the 4 to get the corners).
Old 03-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
Rookie

AaeriosGames's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKoolaid
So when I play against my brother or friends I play a man to man as the user on someone other than the PG. All they do is penetrate and then I have to come over to help on defense and then they always kick it out to the open guy on the perimeter for three. Is there a good defense to prevent this?
In addition to the defensive strategies listed above, there's another method you can use to help prevent against your defense collapsing off the penetration: Pause the game, scroll over to (I believe) options, and reduce the "Defense Assist Strength" meter to a quarter of the way full. This will prevent your perimeter defenders from peeling off their man. Hope this helped.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »