Home

Too Much Sliding going on...

This is a discussion on Too Much Sliding going on... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2014, 02:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Too Much Sliding going on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
Michael Jackson in 2K14

The moon walk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z10u41O_D4Y

Defenders especially CPU should be punished for guessing wrong or playing out of position.
lol... just terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 3

"Mike Wang is on and speaking about elevating the game harnessing the tech. Primarily in physics and animations. Foot planting clips shown.

Wang is talking about Ecomotion. Foot planting. No sliding or phantom steps. Showed difference between cur and next gen. It looks great. Really no sliding"

this is what we were told prior to release...
Old 04-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
"Mike Wang is on and speaking about elevating the game harnessing the tech. Primarily in physics and animations. Foot planting clips shown.

Wang is talking about Ecomotion. Foot planting. No sliding or phantom steps. Showed difference between cur and next gen. It looks great. Really no sliding"

this is what we were told prior to release...
It's much improved over last gen. It's just not all the way there yet. The biggest problem with next gen is the exaggerated slides with only moderate stick movement defending on ball. A lot of the minor sliding and animations have been cleaned up though.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
It's much improved over last gen. It's just not all the way there yet. The biggest problem with next gen is the exaggerated slides with only moderate stick movement defending on ball. A lot of the minor sliding and animations have been cleaned up though.
I told myself the same thing until i went back an played it on ps3 this weekend.

It really does play a better game for a number of reasons, but for the sake of staying on topic ill stick foot planting. The foot-planting is better because of a more grounded and responsive feel, something the ps4 version is lacking. Also there is more actual, visual cutting and planting animations that convey the effort of changing directions.

I actually had a comparison clip of a pick and pop that demonstrated this, but my SD card destroyed it some-how.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's crazy how the computer can always get back into position after you just know you beat them around. But when it comes me playing defense, every time I guess wrong I gotta pay the ultimate price of either a pull up or lay up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »