Home

If Steve Kerr is coaching next season, who do you hope replaces him in NBA 2K?

This is a discussion on If Steve Kerr is coaching next season, who do you hope replaces him in NBA 2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If Steve Kerr coaches, who would you like to see replace him in NBA 2K commentary?
Reggie Miller 50 29.07%
Hubie Brown 33 19.19%
Greg Anthony 4 2.33%
Chris Webber 31 18.02%
Bring back Kenny Smith 37 21.51%
No one, leave it as a 2-man boothe 5 2.91%
Someone else 12 6.98%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2014, 08:13 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: If Steve Kerr is coaching next season, who do you hope replaces him in NBA 2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Kellogg does pro games all the time.

Galaxy Note 2

When's the last time he did one? I can't really ever remember hearing him do one. Mostly hear him on college games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #50
Banned

Re: If Steve Kerr is coaching next season, who do you hope replaces him in NBA 2K?

The easy answer is Doug Collins.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #51
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
When's the last time he did one? I can't really ever remember hearing him do one. Mostly hear him on college games.

I know he does Indiana games specifically. This has been said time and again

Galaxy Note 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I know he does Indiana games specifically. This has been said time and again

Galaxy Note 2

On national tv or local broadcasts? Both Kerr and Harlan often do national so its odd to see them go with Clark as the third commentator.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #53
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
On national tv or local broadcasts? Both Kerr and Harlan often do national so its odd to see them go with Clark as the third commentator.

He doesnt work for tnt or espn..similar to your local Fox Affiliates are pro broadcasters that you see on league pass.

2k doesn't have any official licenses so.........
Old 04-26-2014, 01:29 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
He doesnt work for tnt or espn..similar to your local Fox Affiliates are pro broadcasters that you see on league pass.

2k doesn't have any official licenses so.........

Yea that's what I meant by local broadcasts. I know 2k doesn't have any licenses but it just like he's an odd pick to have on the broadcast team. I also don't very much like his commentary. Wouldn't mind seeing him replaced.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:58 AM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

This link from Wikipedia might be helpful.

NBA Broadcasters

The best new talent might come from poaching a color analyst that normally does color for a certain franchise.

Personally, since Hubie Brown is an ABC/ESPN guy and not an option (and I can really only handle him using the second person so much..."so you're down 4, aight....and YOU know YOU need to score and then YOU go for the steal. Now there's plenty of time, so YOU know YOU don't have to go for the three...aight..."), I think it would have to be Greg Anthony over Reggie Miller. Reggie's ok, but he would really wear you out with his nasally voice over hours and hours of gameplay.

I also think that DA should be the sideline reporter or Sager if he beats his cancer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 03:24 AM   #56
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Yea that's what I meant by local broadcasts. I know 2k doesn't have any licenses but it just like he's an odd pick to have on the broadcast team. I also don't very much like his commentary. Wouldn't mind seeing him replaced.

I liked Kevin Collaboro in Inside Drive...and then he went with TNT on Sony's game, but im not sure who they could grab now. In all honesty they just need to get a freaking license. They do pretty good with alot of presentation things but its been a long time and it seems to be a missing piece from this game. Whomever it is, IF they choose someone else would have to be willing to devote tons of hours to this game, phrases, names, etc.... its kind of alot to ask for in one year.

I have no issue with Harlan though, I just wish those guys could be as natural as they are on TV..and games just don't do that.

That said they have the best audio commentary ever done for a sports game IMO.

Last edited by 23; 04-26-2014 at 03:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »