Home

MyCareer file disappeared?

This is a discussion on MyCareer file disappeared? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

okc350's Arena

OVR: 0
MyCareer file disappeared?

I got the CE-34878-0 error code and the game crashed. I went back to start it up and checked for my MyCareer and it disappeared! It was a 95 OVR shooting guard for the Clippers whom i had invested money in plus countless hours of gameplay. It replaced this file with some random 68 OVR PG that i had never created.

I will file a ticket and do everything in my power to get it resolved and get reimbursed. Has this happened to anyone else?

PG: Russell Westbrook/Stephen Curry/Gary Payton
SG: '91 Michael Jordan/Monta Ellis/Diamond Kobe
SF: LeBron James/Julius Erving
PF: Blake Griffin/'98 Tim Duncan
C: Bill Russell/1994-95 Shaq
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyCareer file disappeared?

Same exact thing happened to me..sent the ticket in with a picture of my stats and attributes from two files, sent them a picture of my lifetime earnings and they immediately deemed it solved and said "we are unable to verify your request and no vc will be added to your account" its very fu#king simple, 6 months later the game is still horrible(not gameplay) servers crash I get sent back...third player deleted that was a 90 or more...now they tell me I get nothing back...screw this game and Tuesday will be a brand new day for my PS4 as the Show will be inserted and not taken out for quite some time...so long 2k and I hope NBA Live takes over which it wont.. spent over $100 on this game including vc purchases just to be at square one when we're in May
Old 05-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Just had both MyCarreer and MyGM saves deleted.

I just regret buying a PS4. Everything seems and looks loaded with flaws. Nothing works, unfinished games, no new releases.

I miss my ps3.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfrehley
Just had both MyCarreer and MyGM saves deleted.

I just regret buying a PS4. Everything seems and looks loaded with flaws. Nothing works, unfinished games, no new releases.

I miss my ps3.
Why would you sell your PS3? A new console generation is always going to have no games for the first couple of years and with PS+ you are constantly being fed more on PS3.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Why would you sell your PS3? A new console generation is always going to have no games for the first couple of years and with PS+ you are constantly being fed more on PS3.

The thing that people keep overlooking is that I will absolutely guarantee that from day one until the last day of MLB The Show for PS4, you will be able to make a franchise mode and whether the servers are down or not, always be able to play it, never worry about it getting corrupted and never worry about losing it. I have not had a problem with Madden Next Gen and will bet serious cash that the Show launches smoothly...with that said MLB is known for its crappy online but it sure beats simply losing files that 2k loses in their damn cloud server (that in no way was necessary to rush out for launch this year). It's absolutely 2ks fault and it being a new console is no excuse for 6 months of frustration and garbage...they don't even know how to release myteam historic packs in a cycle that makes sense...you haven't been able to buy a 65 Celtics pack since Nam...2k just sucks and that's why basketball is the only game they've had success with...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by okc350
I got the CE-34878-0 error code and the game crashed. I went back to start it up and checked for my MyCareer and it disappeared! It was a 95 OVR shooting guard for the Clippers whom i had invested money in plus countless hours of gameplay. It replaced this file with some random 68 OVR PG that i had never created.

I will file a ticket and do everything in my power to get it resolved and get reimbursed. Has this happened to anyone else?
JW, did you open this file? Or just look at the name on it and call it good?

I'm asking because I had my 98 overall PG that I thought I lost because it changed the position/team/overall in the title, but the name of the file was just messed up. Everything inside of it was fine.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
JW, did you open this file? Or just look at the name on it and call it good?

I'm asking because I had my 98 overall PG that I thought I lost because it changed the position/team/overall in the title, but the name of the file was just messed up. Everything inside of it was fine.

No same thing happened to me except with my 7 footer...then the 6 foot 10 guy was erased...loaded up the 68 and it said he was 33 yrs old and had a weird *** jumper....its a bad glitch man
Old 05-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
Rookie

worst part about all of this is I backed up the files months ago, put them on a flash drive...downloaded them to system storage and it wldnt get added...the problem lays in the abysmal cloud servers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »