Home

Time for some suggestions!

This is a discussion on Time for some suggestions! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Time for some suggestions!

I know I do this a lot, and while people probably don't listen to me, I find that my ideas are implemented eventually. I'd like to think that's because what I'm saying is not hard to figure out.

That being said, I have some flavor and gameplay suggestions for 2k:

Park Suggestions: Allow user to view parks like lobbies, complete with the information on each court (would be helpful, say, if you were looking for 5s.)

Have at least one more line of 'got next' or the ability to call a spot. Add 1v1! or 21. Or Horse, even. Suggesting those game modes might offend someone, but trust me, it would be a blast. If I had to choose one, I'd say 21 is the best choice.

Game play: I have only a few issues besides what are obvious glitches (like the shot clock.)

Issue 1: You can drive to the hoop and turn into a post up in a way that is unrealistic and it allows you to get space that you shouldn't be able to get.

Issue 2 (the most important issue in 2k basketball since they've had online!) : When someone is trying to drive for a layup and they don't trigger a lay up, whether it's because they are bumped or just bad execution, that crazy pull up shot should NEVER go in (or like 5% of the time.) Stop rewarding bad ball, fade away 3s, leaning mid range shots. No, stop it.

People make those shots in real life, sure, but there's a difference between a go to play and just jerking the stick.

And lastly, strange suggestion for spot up shooting (which came to my mind, altho I am not sure how to implement it) : Add a way for shooters to prepare to shoot before they get the ball. And depending on the shooter, you'd get a different amount of time where you could stay locked in (or how long you would need to be locked in before you could shoot at your highest percentage.) Could be shown as a meter even.

I think it would add a new wrinkle for both offense and defense and keep people from catching shots on the fly and just wetting them from 3 with mediocre shooters.

Peace

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 05-01-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: scriptblock format
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Time for some suggestions!

i dont play online much so one and two dont mean much to me. but i do love the idea of number three. if you catch a pass on the perimeter and there is no one near you it would be awesome to have a way to set your feet and take the shot. it would look better too instead of going into the triple threat position with no defender.

as far as the park: my biggest suggestion would be get rid of the make it take it style (i think its half court only for that) and switch possessions after each basket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »