Home

Does 2K Even Care About Making the Game Realistic Anymore?

This is a discussion on Does 2K Even Care About Making the Game Realistic Anymore? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Does 2K Even Care About Making the Game Realistic Anymore?

Like I'm seriously more frustrated with this game then I think I've ever been with any game before, ever.

Trying so hard to enjoy My Team, didn't lose a game until I hit the 6th seed now apparently everyone's a complete waste of life that thinks Gerald Green and Rudy Gay are the best players in NBA history.

Full court presses that my team refuses to get open on or they just throw terrible passes even when they aren't even hard to make.
Apparently spamming turbo into the paint still works...with anyone
Smashing the x button on D will get you a steal
Oh and Luol Deng can't hit a three for my squad...

And don't get me started on the all-gold teams I face, people must have nothing else to spend money on it's just sad to me.

This mode needs SERIOUS patching to even be remotely fun cuz right now I'm on the verge of snapping the disc lol...actually on second thought, it's not just My Team, I play quick games and it's the same BS over and over.

*It's not even the game, which is the sad thing, it's the people. It's some of you guys, whether you wanna admit it or not. If people would just play real ball it would be a beautiful thing. From 2K7 to 2K11 all I did was play quick ranked, and now it definitely caters to the scrubs who wanna play NBA Jam.

I remember Xbox saying you could avoid people who you don't like and all that, but does 2K protect these guys or something? Cuz you only see their gamertags during pauses (if they ever pause) and they don't show up in recent players...like yea, don't let me avoid these cancers to 2K because they're the same sheep willing to spend $100 extra on VC to be good at the game. SMH, a $60 f2p game.

Sorry for the rant, it's just sad that such a great game is ruined by greed and people willing to sacrifice any fun just to win in a meaningless videogame when it comes down to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Does 2K Even Care About Making the Game Realistic Anymore?

Idk if 2k focuses on realism as much as they use too.

I think they focus on a game that mimics players but is fun to play and pickup for everyone. Not a hardcore simulation.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Rookie

USCplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Like I'm seriously more frustrated with this game then I think I've ever been with any game before, ever.

Trying so hard to enjoy My Team, didn't lose a game until I hit the 6th seed now apparently everyone's a complete waste of life that thinks Gerald Green and Rudy Gay are the best players in NBA history.

Full court presses that my team refuses to get open on or they just throw terrible passes even when they aren't even hard to make.
Apparently spamming turbo into the paint still works...with anyone
Smashing the x button on D will get you a steal
Oh and Luol Deng can't hit a three for my squad...

And don't get me started on the all-gold teams I face, people must have nothing else to spend money on it's just sad to me.

This mode needs SERIOUS patching to even be remotely fun cuz right now I'm on the verge of snapping the disc lol...actually on second thought, it's not just My Team, I play quick games and it's the same BS over and over.

*It's not even the game, which is the sad thing, it's the people. It's some of you guys, whether you wanna admit it or not. If people would just play real ball it would be a beautiful thing. From 2K7 to 2K11 all I did was play quick ranked, and now it definitely caters to the scrubs who wanna play NBA Jam.

I remember Xbox saying you could avoid people who you don't like and all that, but does 2K protect these guys or something? Cuz you only see their gamertags during pauses (if they ever pause) and they don't show up in recent players...like yea, don't let me avoid these cancers to 2K because they're the same sheep willing to spend $100 extra on VC to be good at the game. SMH, a $60 f2p game.

Sorry for the rant, it's just sad that such a great game is ruined by greed and people willing to sacrifice any fun just to win in a meaningless videogame when it comes down to it.
Umm.... a lot of assumptions here. I personally have spent $0 on VC and just save it up through Daily Bonuses on the app and MyTeam mobile also I have played through 3 seasons of MyCareer. My MyTeam lineup is:

PG: Penny Hardaway
SG: Michael Jordan (97-98)
SF: Scottie Pippen (97-98)
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Walt Bellamy
B: Lou Hudson
B: Paul George (mid season Emerald)
B: Jeff Hornacek
etc....

I agree that I have many games that are WAY too close for how stacked my team is but that makes it more fun sometimes. If you save and use your VC right there is no reason to buy any and not have a great team
Old 04-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

What can 2k do about players being dooshes?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
What can 2k do about players being dooshes?
Track play style and group those that play sim with each other, and those that play 2kjam with each other - everyone's happy, everyone wins.

Instead, sim players get thrown into cheese matches with nba jammers and it ruins the overall experience and the true art of the game of basketball for those that appreciate it and want to replicate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufaso
Track play style and group those that play sim with each other, and those that play 2kjam with each other - everyone's happy, everyone wins.

Instead, sim players get thrown into cheese matches with nba jammers and it ruins the overall experience and the true art of the game of basketball for those that appreciate it and want to replicate it.
So in other words you're mad because the guy you're playing with isn't playing the way you're playing? Oh the horror.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Seriously. What do these kids want? If you want to play real basketball then go play real basketball. There are plenty of issues with this game and 3 pointers being too easy to make is definitely one of them but the game is still the best out there. Go pick up live and come back and thank your lucky stars you're not stuck with that craptastic game.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

it's not the game it's the players. and 2k cant do anything about this.

Even if they tuned the game folks would still play the same way.
Make or miss folks would still hoist up a lot of three's, still drive to the basket with Lebron, and still spam the steal button.

I dont play on line, so I have no complaints, but I feel your pain.

IMO, offline, 2k14 is the best to date

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »