Home

Where would you rank 2K14 among previous 2Ks?

This is a discussion on Where would you rank 2K14 among previous 2Ks? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Where would you rank 2K14 among previous 2Ks?

It's hard to say. It's not the worst because of online issues. 2k9 was pretty bad at that. I'd say 2k11, 2k12, 2k7, then 2k14. I play offline a lot (My GM, My Career). The Park could be better. Hopefully next year fixes a lot of the online issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by veguss2001
It's hard to say. It's not the worst because of online issues. 2k9 was pretty bad at that. I'd say 2k11, 2k12, 2k7, then 2k14. I play offline a lot (My GM, My Career). The Park could be better. Hopefully next year fixes a lot of the online issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
On the MyCareer thing for a second, I actually think that mode is pretty well done. Some things seem a little scripted and if I restart I'd like to be able to bypass the cutscenes.

I think the one thing that would make people LOVE MyCareer is customizable sliders. I do like the story, it's pretty cheesy but it gives the mode some life.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
On the MyCareer thing for a second, I actually think that mode is pretty well done. Some things seem a little scripted and if I restart I'd like to be able to bypass the cutscenes.

I think the one thing that would make people LOVE MyCareer is customizable sliders. I do like the story, it's pretty cheesy but it gives the mode some life.
I mentioned customizable sliders and rosters myself, but the more I think about it, customizable personality is something I'd want even more. It's cool to have cutscenes but it removes the possibility of "roleplaying" an NBA player with absolute freedom - you're forced to play a guy who has this preset personality. I'd love more options in that department as well, and if they'd come through on those points, the game would be ground-breaking in terms of meshing sports and RPG elements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #12
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
I mentioned customizable sliders and rosters myself, but the more I think about it, customizable personality is something I'd want even more. It's cool to have cutscenes but it removes the possibility of "roleplaying" an NBA player with absolute freedom - you're forced to play a guy who has this preset personality. I'd love more options in that department as well, and if they'd come through on those points, the game would be ground-breaking in terms of meshing sports and RPG elements.
Yes, I completely agree. MyCareer as it stands now, is a great foundation. Everything needs to be much more customizable and more realistic. If 2K wants to pay our salary in VC fine, but if they could get over themselves and make accessories and shoes normal priced or even free, that would be great.

This mode needs customized personality, you're right. Bring back the ability to customize your own face, body, etc.

I'm HOPING for big things in 2K15, we'll see. I'd still rank 2K14 pretty high though, probably 2nd.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
MVP

The biggest headache for sure.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
For me, this is probably the worst 2K I have ever played. The lag, VC, Park mode and all the other bs easily makes it the worst game. I can't even enjoy a simple online game without the servers messing up on me. The graphics were the only good thing about this game.

NBA 2K14 ranks somewhere among the worst releases ever. Aside from implementing The Park Mode, which they owed us since removed myplayer pick up games, and with the omission of Crew mode, i dont see How this VC heavy iteration of 2k, with very little options can be considered a great release. This is almost as bad as 2k12 to be honest.

For a Next Gen release, i was highly disappointed. The graphics were as expected. Dont get me wrong, No one does basketball like nba 2k does, but then again, maybe thats also why so many folks including myself were shocked to see so many things go wrong as far gameplay was concerned, because thats always been NBA 2k's calling card.

Terrible spacing
horrible rebounding
sliding all over the court on defense
not being able to stay in front of defenders when they left,right you to death
terrible pick and roll logic
not being able to steal when you press steal(not spamming the steal button)
Player ghosting through the defense to get contact layups and dunks
No signature layups since 2k11....wth??

Weighty, slow passes(Legacy Issue)
Stuck in the mud controls...(Legacy Issue)
Penalty animations for going for a steal or block attempt that leave you out of the play for 3-5 seconds....ugh..
Passes that lead you out of bounds(Legacy Issue)
passes that magically fly over your head
half-court charge animation(Legacy issues)
Shot clock Cheese
No one winning the tip off
No options as far as other game modes are concerned

yeah, i cant think of anything else right now, but theres just no way this game even comes close to being one of the best games tha 2ksports has released.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #15
Pro

The worst 2k (and with big difference) I have owned...

They took out all the things I really enjoyed like (playable and not this insult to the customer) online leagues and all customization options...

Gameplay wise, the lag with the control (the idea of shooting and dribbling with the right stick without any modifier is a complete failure) and the subpar quality online make the rest...

Right now, I am not excited for a NBA 2k game anymore, I don't like the direcction they are taking.

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #16
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Some of you guys kill me, yeah this game has bugs and there are many things left out...but one of the worst in the series?

And no I am not advocating for 2K, I just think this game is far from one of the worst ever released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »