Home

Do you think Association and/or Coach Mode will Return to the series?

This is a discussion on Do you think Association and/or Coach Mode will Return to the series? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #9
Rookie

loadedlux's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you think Association and/or Coach Mode will Return to the series?

It' 2014, every sports game should have some sort association/season/franchise and owner/coach modes in them at this point. To bad 2k looks like they don't see it that way.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #10
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I doubt Association mode would come back since they have what they feel is equivalent/better. But I think coach mode has a chance.

I purchased '14 for the PS3. I still can't believe I didn't get it for the PS4. I think I've purchased every release except their 1st. But they're giving me that EA/Madden feeling, and I'm 9-10 years in without a Madden purchase with the exception of '97 or '98. I'll probably be on 2K's sidelines until they loosen the internet "requirements".

I wouldn't put 2K down to Madden's level - not even close - but I feel they've changed directions towards that model.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I doubt Association mode would come back since they have what they feel is equivalent/better. But I think coach mode has a chance.

I purchased '14 for the PS3. I still can't believe I didn't get it for the PS4. I think I've purchased every release except their 1st. But they're giving me that EA/Madden feeling, and I'm 9-10 years in without a Madden purchase with the exception of '97 or '98. I'll probably be on 2K's sidelines until they loosen the internet "requirements".

I wouldn't put 2K down to Madden's level - not even close - but I feel they've changed directions towards that model.
Dang, seems like 2K is slowly turning into EA. I hate to say this too. I don't think I will get 2K15 on launch. I haven't bought a Madden game in 13 years and NBA 2K sadly is going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedlux
It' 2014, every sports game should have some sort association/season/franchise and owner/coach modes in them at this point. To bad 2k looks like they don't see it that way.
I totally agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 AM   #12
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

2K's shift has been radical.

To go from no DLC to everything being micro-transaction related is a 180 shift.

Traditional associations are an afterthought becausse they cant be monetised.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wasn't Coach Mode taken out because consoles could exploit the heck out of it for VC in 2013? If 2K found a way to make sure that can't happen, maybe that will return. I doubt it though.

Every year it seems like they put less and less work into the game and 2K14 was a pretty poor effort on their part (in my opinion).

I honestly hated it more than 2K13 (which was pretty bad too) by quite a sizable margin.

If there is no coach/association mode on the PC this year, I'm not buying it. That was the most enjoyable mode for me and I hated 2K for taking it away from PC just because consoles cheated the heck out of it to get VC.

If they're not gonna treat PC equally, they shouldn't be able to punish us equally when consoles cheat.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:37 AM   #14
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I really hope so. I want to buy an xbox one. I might be able to live with Madden's connected careers(still playing madden 12) but my gm just looks awful imo.

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »