Home

NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #89
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfreshalot718
Idk about you guys but like E3 last year I'll expect something serious just my opinion I feel this game will be good and if u don't like vc just don't buy it, it's going to be the same as gaining sp anyway so if people spend money or not you make your own choice their not forcing you to buy anything.
It's not even about whether I have the option to buy VC, It's things like spending VC to "adjust lineups", or "contract negotiations". I want my association to be about building a team, a dynasty, managing players, financials, playbooks, offseason, etc. And my SKILLS in those areas to succeed

To me it just seems artificial. Even in myplayer mode, Why can't I increase my speed using gameplay mechanics, idc if it's a mini game atleast I'm working on a "skill" instead of worrying about ballhogging and cheesing my way to VC. I haven't even played the game since a week or 2 after launch so I don't even know if my examples make sense...
Old 06-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #90
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Pre-Order NBA 2K15 and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

With that VC I might be able to change my starting lineup when I start my association.

Thanks 2K!

And +1 to people sick of Ronnie. He's a boob.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak123
The pre-order bonuses sound fine to me, don't know what everyone is complaining about. They could just not have any pre-order bonuses at all, so 5,000 VC + a throwback KD card + 2 MyTeam Packs + leg sleeves is nothing to complain about IMHO.

I'll probably place my pre-order of NBA 2K15 at Gamestop so I can just pick it up after my usual Tuesday workout since it's right next to the gym I go to. Can't wait for NBA 2K15, but I'll certainly continue to enjoy NBA 2K14 in the meantime.
It is because of what the preorder bonus says about the direction of the game as a whole. Many of us were not happy with the VC and by including it as a pre order bonus 2K has let it be known that VC is still around and still an important feature.

Further many people were drawn away from myplayer because of nonsense like spending VC to buy an armband. The unique leg sleeve suggests that a similar approach will be taken this year as well.

In short the bonuses tell us what the focus of the game will be and it is a focus that we do not like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #92
Rookie

optimi5t's Arena

OVR: 1

this

this

followed by this back at 2k

....im out
Old 06-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #93
Rookie

I feel like vc wouldnt be so bad if they weren't so stingy with it! Thats why people continuously try to exploit the game is because the reward to pay ratio is horrendous. If i play a mycareer game on pro i would get 300-500 vc. Gettig speed up by 1 cost more than that. A gold pack cost 13,000 vc. It costs so much more to buy things than you get rewarded. But i am intrigued by the KD my team card
Old 06-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #94
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunTake
That commercial itself was quite unintentionally disrespectful. Listening to KD's MVP speech was great, he definitely has come a long way but listening to some famous Youtubers recite it? NO, making Youtube videos is in no way the same as the amount of actual hardwork KD has put in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
So... Being a fanboy who hypes tiny features gets you in a trailer. Interesting.
I agree with both of you ×100. I lost respect for those YouTube frauds a while ago. They aren't famous, they just got on YouTube at the right time.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #95
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Even hoping for something to wow you from a baseline trailer is unreasonable. Truth is, even if they showed new gameplay from an alpha 2k15 model, all people would say is "Still looks like 2K14."

And spoiler alert:

Spoiler

It's the same song and dance every year. Either you know what to expect and are just complaining for complaining's sake. Or you're totally deluding yourself.

The progression from one year to the very next will be negligble. And then we'll get 2K19 and wonder how we could stand to play something as ugly and stiff as 2K14 at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #96
Rookie

Man, I can't wait for NBA 2K20 where they just remove the basketball part and make it all online trading cards and dressing your MyPlayer!

#CANTWAIT

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »