Home

Can anyone explain rebounding in this game to me?

This is a discussion on Can anyone explain rebounding in this game to me? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone explain rebounding in this game to me?

Now I was the one who was controlling JJ Barea so I probably wasn't as pissed off as my opponent but still stuff like this is just frustrating to see.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

yes,The silliness usually happens with a bigs. My guards rebounding is pretty accurate. I guess it's just a bug.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #11
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

What sliders are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 12:17 AM   #12
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

It's hard to explain but rebounding is more than sliders and ratings. Don't get me wrong, ratings play a huge part, but not all of it. It also depends on how you play and how tired your guys are compared to the other sides guys as well.

Many rebounding issues are positional problems meaning if you get out of position, you are less likely to get the rebound.

I pretty much know that if I give up an open shot and that shot misses I won't get the rebound and that's because I got out of position.

If I am hitting triangle to challenge shots, I'm also less likely to get rebounds because I took a chance on defense.

The other thing is game situation matters too. If you don't have momentum, that's going to factor in as well.

You also have to get in the habit of blocking out if you aren't.

I can't say for certain but if you are running in transition as an offensive strategy then you might not protect the boards as well.

I use the Pacers and they typically give up a ton of boards depending on who I play. Usually early I give up 6 to 7 offensive rebounds and then late in a game there's always an important possession where I give up three or four offensive rebounds on one possession if it's a close game. Chicago is often a killer for me too with those guys rebounding everything in sight if I don't play well.

When I encounter an issue, what I start doing is working specifically against that team over and over to see what I can do to fix it.

I will play a team repeatedly and tinker with small things that often make large changes in the outcome.

For example, I will turn off auto POE's and just use one for the whole game and see how I fare and then play another using another POE to see how that works.

I'll adjust how I play defense versus each guy manually from playing them tight, on the three point line to just a step inside. I'll not hit triangle or square the whole game. I might play on player lock as each position on the team.

If a guy tends to hurt me alot, I'll look to get that guy in foul trouble by attacking him. I'll see who on my team has a good games against that specific opponents. Who rebounds well and who doesn't. Who is killing me on the other side.

By far the most important thing you can do is work on offense first. If you get good shots every time down, you significantly improve what happens on the other end.

When I get done I'll look at the box score and see how things played out and then figure out what I could work on next.

This is all about game planning for a specific opponent and the only way you find out is by testing how to play that team as a whole.

What I found out is that by playing a team multiple times until you learn all of their tendencies, your ability to dominate that team goes up and that has a direct impact on rebounding.

I'm probably in the minority in that I will constantly play a CPU team over and over until I know that opponent inside out and then issues I had initially playing a team aren't as prominent.

I can't remember what level you play on, but there's also nothing wrong with stepping back a level to see what happens too. I will also start playing a team on rookie, then move up in difficulty level once I learn to play against it through each difficulty level.

I guess my point is that while slider adjustments can be beneficial, how you play can dictate outcomes as much the sliders themselves. I'm not saying you play bad or anything, but you have to consider everything you do in a game and objectively look at it to see what you can do on your side to affect things to.

Remember too that some teams are just better rebounders and that if you stifle a team on defense and keep their shooting percentage low, they will get more rebounds because there's more to get.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 06-26-2014 at 12:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »