Home

The Official Next Gen NBA 2K15:2K Bring The REAL Crew Mode

This is a discussion on The Official Next Gen NBA 2K15:2K Bring The REAL Crew Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
The Official Next Gen NBA 2K15:2K Bring The REAL Crew Mode

Lets get this started early....

The 4th patch has been released for next gen right before The Holiday season so that means for the most part,2K can focus most of their energy on next years title. I, for one, could care less about most modes in this game, but the one thing lacking in this years game(the last 3 years i might add) is the REAL Crew mode.

Not the BS "Crews" mode we had for current gen....I mean the NBA 2k10/NBA 2K11 Crew mode. For those of you who have forgotten, or have no idea what the REAL Crew mode is supposed to look like and how its supposed to feel as opposed to what we were given, here's a look:

All I'm saying is, the community has spoken, and we want the REAL crew mode back...not THE PARK Mode, not 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 Blacktop mode, not DLC Legends, NOT Current gen Crews which was just a blacktop mode with 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 settings with no nba rules. 2K....we're talking to you. We as fans demand that you give us what we ask for. I believe the 2K Community has stood pat long enough with enough of your rhetoric about how you didnt have enough time, or your servers werent up too par, or you guys needed to fix what was wrong online with the glitched myplayers.

You guys implemented your "FIX" with the addition of Virtual Currency, and the myplayers are saved server side, so theres no chance of people hacking.

You guys have finished updating your servers to catch up to todays standards so we shouldn't have a problem there.

As i see it, with Ps4/XBox One, there shouldn't be anything you guys can't achieve within a years time.

Last year you guys created the "Crews" mode in 2 days.....can't we get what we finally want if you actually spent a few months on this mode?

when Nba 2k12 came out....we got this excuse from 2k:

"We love My Crew," Thomas said. "But it's one of the more complicated features to put online. If we wanted to have a game this year, we needed to keep the feature set tight and small. When you get involved with Crews, there's a whole thing with data exchanging that gets involved."
My Crew was the online experience in NBA 2K11 where gamers took their created player from the "My Player" career mode, formed up teams and, in an environment supporting 10-player multiplayer, ran some ball. It was like having a regular rec league game, except online (and with guys who had mad skills).
Though Thomas cannot promise anything, he also sincerely did not rule out My Crew's return in future editions, attributing its absence in NBA 2K12 solely to the new codebase

Ronnie Singh, 2K Sports Digital Marketing Manager, said (via Twitter):

Erick Boenisch confirms no Crew mode in #NBA2K13 - http://ussportsdownunder.com/nba/pla...your-questions

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ✔ @Ronnie2K
Follow
My thoughts- I played Crew mode a lot in #NBA2K11, really love that mode. But it was broken & if dev doesn't think it's ready, then it's not
12:32 PM - 18 Sep 2012

Follow
Dev completely rebuilt online 2K12 & you can see progress. Hoping to take another step this yr. We can't put out a broken crew mode again

Follow
All the dev guys love that mode and know you do too. I am sure it'll return eventually, but dev determined it was simply not ready this year

Jeff Thomas-Director of Development at Visual Concepts
on Why Crew Mode couldn't be put in NBA 2K12
"Every line of code for our online game was rewritten this year," said Jeff Thomas, the director of development at Visual Concepts, the 2K in-house studio that makes NBA 2K. "It was a huge undertaking by our top team here, and we put our top team on it because we knew we had to get results."

NBA 2K13

This was quite possibly the most insulting of all the excuses, considering it only took 2 days to create CREWS mode for current gen.....

During a recent interview with US Sports Down Under, NBA 2K13 Producer, Erick Boenisch let the cat out of the bag, as he confirmed no Crew Mode for NBA 2K13. This marks the second year in a row Crew Mode will not be featured in the game.

Quote:

We didn’t have time to add a crew mode this year, but its definitely something we will be looking at moving forward because the demand is certainly there.

I'm not attacking developers, nor am i attacking The OS community, all I'm asking for is a working CREW mode on Ps4 or XBox One with improvements to the mode with nba rules inside an arena like we had it before on Ps3 and Xbox 360 with titles like NBA 2k10 & NBA 2K11 .

You guys chime in...am i asking for too much?

Steve OS, LD2k, and the rest of the community, can we get the REAL crew Mode Ball rolling early this year?

Last edited by Mrleaderboards; 02-03-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
Banned

Re: The Official Next Gen NBA 2K15:2K Bring The REAL Crew Mode

So I'm guessing everyone is fine with not having a crew mode on next Gen consoles? Come on people, lets fwt this thread going!
Old 12-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

It's not that I don't care, because I do. Crew mode used to be awesome. But it's hard to get motivated to pump up something like this when basic modes such as MyGM and MyCareer are COMPLETELY unplayable. I literally get sent back to the menu when I even attempt to join. How is this at all acceptable?
Old 12-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
Just started!

All I'm saying is, they should have more important things on their mind. It's not fair because the modes should have been playable from the get go, but it is what it is. I'm stunned that these modes are unplayable for hundreds, maybe thousands.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Sadly, I've kind of given up on them ever creating a 2k11 style Crew mode again unless they figure out a way to make it heavy on virtual currency.

Its pretty obvious to me that they only care about spending time now on modes and creating modes that will bring in more money from VC. Thats why we got 2k14 Crews and The Park. They figured they could make more VC money from people playing dress up and showing off their myplayers on the playground, then they could in arenas on real teams. Thats also why MyTeam has gotten so much attention the last couple of years.

It wasn't by mistake that Online Leagues didn't get any love this year either since there is no VC involved in that mode. So it basically got shunned.

I really hope this mindset changes in the near future of Visual Concepts management and directors but at this point I've just lost a lot of faith in them doing the right thing when it comes to their modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksportsnut
Sadly, I've kind of given up on them ever creating a 2k11 style Crew mode again unless they figure out a way to make it heavy on virtual currency.

Its pretty obvious to me that they only care about spending time now on modes and creating modes that will bring in more money from VC. Thats why we got 2k14 Crews and The Park. They figured they could make more VC money from people playing dress up and showing off their myplayers on the playground, then they could in arenas on real teams. Thats also why MyTeam has gotten so much attention the last couple of years.

It wasn't by mistake that Online Leagues didn't get any love this year either since there is no VC involved in that mode. So it basically got shunned.

I really hope this mindset changes in the near future of Visual Concepts management and directors but at this point I've just lost a lot of faith in them doing the right thing when it comes to their modes.
They will come up with a way to monetize Crew mode. Off the top of my head things that would not surprise me to see them do in a monetized crew mode.

VC to create a logo, think Call of Duty and having to spend VC to unlock all the little different emblem parts and such so you as a user can try to come up with elaborate designs. And then VC for a secondary logo and tertiary logo if you really want one.

VC to create uniforms, unlock different fonts, numbers, trimmings, etc. If you want alternate uniforms or anything like that they charge you X amount per uniform.

VC to create a court/arena.

You see how you pick a team and you have that roster and playbook and staff and such. You charge users per team.

Miami Heat - 20k VC
Indiana Pacers - 17.5k VC
Golden State Warriors - 15k VC
Charlotte Bobcats - 2k VC

Something like that so if you want better AI teammates you have to pay for it.

Like I said it would not surprise me, look how easy it is to think of a system. Should have copyrighted this...
Old 12-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
They will come up with a way to monetize Crew mode. Off the top of my head things that would not surprise me to see them do in a monetized crew mode.

VC to create a logo, think Call of Duty and having to spend VC to unlock all the little different emblem parts and such so you as a user can try to come up with elaborate designs. And then VC for a secondary logo and tertiary logo if you really want one.

VC to create uniforms, unlock different fonts, numbers, trimmings, etc. If you want alternate uniforms or anything like that they charge you X amount per uniform.

VC to create a court/arena.

You see how you pick a team and you have that roster and playbook and staff and such. You charge users per team.

Miami Heat - 20k VC
Indiana Pacers - 17.5k VC
Golden State Warriors - 15k VC
Charlotte Bobcats - 2k VC

Something like that so if you want better AI teammates you have to pay for it.

Like I said it would not surprise me, look how easy it is to think of a system. Should have copyrighted this...
As crazy as all that sounds (very believable) on whom should that fall on
to pay for? The General Manager of the crew? Honestly, I feel like crew might get hit the VC
Bug as well but theres just certain things they cant and shouldnt apply VC on.

Jerseys
arenas
customizable logos

After that, choosing what team to play on shouldnt matter because at the end of the day, your my players will be doing all the work anyway.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
Banned

^^^^^^^^^Bump

This mode needs to return...that is all...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »