Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Euroleague: Real Madrid vs. Bayern München

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Euroleague: Real Madrid vs. Bayern München within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #33
Rookie

Man2116's Arena

OVR: 0
Around the 5 min mark you can see that there is still no aggressiveness to get the ball when it hits the floor on a rebound, that was a major point for me as sim player. There is no way players can be that oblivious to the ball and where its at on loose balls and rebounds of that type. Looks better the more I see tho, its just the little things they need to fix for me to really immerse myself in the game.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Gamescom Euroleague Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
True, but even when they played man to man, it was roughly the same positioning. It's hard to tell for sure, because the user rarely actually ran a half court set, but that was just the impression I got from what was there.
Players sagging off their man to help the paint is just modern defense though.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #35
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Players sagging off their man to help the paint is just modern defense though.
In some cases, yes. But not to the extent that it is in the game. And the offensive AI should take advantage of sagging defenders, which doesn't really happen. The offense handcuffs themselves by just standing in the same spot while the defense takes away the lane before the ball is even on the floor.

In any case, my issue with it is that the same person can cover both the paint and the perimeter at the same time because of the closeout speeds and lack of a real momentum system.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 08-15-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man2116
Around the 5 min mark you can see that there is still no aggressiveness to get the ball when it hits the floor on a rebound, that was a major point for me as sim player. There is no way players can be that oblivious to the ball and where its at on loose balls and rebounds of that type. Looks better the more I see tho, its just the little things they need to fix for me to really immerse myself in the game.
Quote:
In some cases, yes. But not to the extent that it is in the game. And the offensive AI should take advantage of sagging defenders, which doesn't really happen. The offense handcuffs themselves by just standing in the same spot while the defense takes away the lane before the ball is even on the floor.

In any case, my issue with it is that the same person can cover both the paint and the perimeter at the same time because of the closeout speeds and lack of a real momentum system.

2 of my biggest gripes. Almost makes MyPlayer unplayable.

Everything else looks really good. Would just like for the AI to move the ball with purpose and attack the defense quicker.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Euroleague: Real Madrid vs. Bayern München

Wow, 4 pages in and no-one mentions how spectacular the help defense appears compared to the HOT mess that is within 2K14? C'mon guys?

I watched about a minute and some change into the footage, and there's a lot to take away from it.

I love how defenses load up the strong side with help coming from the weak-side. Notice how the defense has time to close out on a floaty, cross-court pass @ 1:01. Also, notice how defenders move closer to their assignments as the ball rotates from the strong-side to the middle of the floor. Apparently, helping one pass away is now DEAD.

I enjoyed seeing how the A.I. rotated the ball from strong to weak-side, before ending with an isolation, as time slowly expired. It's not efficient, but it's logical.

The transition defense looks to be better, even though I'm not sure. Anyways, the ball gets pushed up the floor, and all five defenders rush back before the offense sets up. In 2K14, defenders would sometimes jog up the floor late, and those who are already back, are clueless as to who they should pick up. Generally, that led to exploitable situations by both the A.I. and user. Lots of cherry picked hail Mary passes, or wide open transition three pointers on the strong-side, since the defense decided to bunch up on the weak-side for no apparent reason.

@ 1:21, the extra defender's assignment isn't there yet, so he helps out on the ball-handler. Poor spacing is also seen by the offense, as another wing crowds the ball-handler for no apparent reason, allowing a quasi triple-team to occur for a brief moment.

Also, pay attention to the black guard at the top of the arc on the strong side. He's HELPING THE HELPER!!! Is this a first in the history of NBA 2K? Seriously. I've never seen such intelligence displayed by the A.I. EVER in 2K. Wow.

Alright, what I don't like to see is right after the opening tip. I hate how the defense doesn't get in position to deny passes into the paint like that. There's an overall lack of awareness for a few seconds, and a few seconds is all an experienced player needs to take advantage.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #38
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Euroleague: Real Madrid vs. Bayern München

Here's an example I grabbed from the video regarding my issues with spacing and AI:

There is absolutely nothing that can be done on offense with that. The ball handler can't take his man 1v1 off the dribble, because there are already two other defenders in the lane. They're also in position to steal a potential pass to the post, and they're fast enough to close out on either pass to the wings. The off-ball teammates on the wings don't really move, until one of them decides to cut into the middle of the paint, clogging things up even more.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Video - Euroleague: Real Madrid vs. Bayern München

Quote:
Here's an example I grabbed from the video regarding my issues with spacing and AI:

There is absolutely nothing that can be done on offense with that. The ball handler can't take his man 1v1 off the dribble, because there are already two other defenders in the lane. They're also in position to steal a potential pass to the post, and they're fast enough to close out on either pass to the wings. The off-ball teammates on the wings don't really move, until one of them decides to cut into the middle of the paint, clogging things up even more.

Um, drive on one side or the other to collapse the double team further and pass out for the shot? Agree on close out speeds however.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-15-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #40
Banned

Floaty passes,too many freethrows starting the game, and my favorite "leaning lay up cheese" is back

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »