Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #489
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I'd rather them work it out than just throw something in that isn't ready.

And I prefer 2-man animations you can't get out of to 2-man non animations that you can't get out of like they had in 2K12 or 13, where it just slid you out of the way with no contact animations whatsoever, because supposedly 2-man animations were of the devil. It was a worse product that looked terrible and played no better.

All this hate for 2-man animations is way overblown. It's sort of wishing for pie-in-the sky with an extremely difficult and challenging problem that hasn't been adequately solved realtime in all of computer science yet. We'll get more dynamic animations when it's ready-- and even then, people will still complain about the lack of interactivity, because hey, you do lose control when you jump into the air and collide with another. And for what it's worth, we're already seening 2K put some collision physics where limbs meet because they no longer clip into each other-- but it's not something anyone mentions.

As long as the results are tuned correctly so that contact dunks aren't dominating and results play out realistically (more missed dunks and fouls than not), I'm fine with 2-man anims.
Actually, this is one of my biggest pet peaves; It's gotten a little better, but clipping and warping of the ball/limbs are still very evident in the game, especially around the rim. I even saw some in this trailer.

In any case, I don't think anyone is saying they would rather have non-animations that you can't get out of. We want the ability to not get stuck in any animation that we should be able to realistically alter.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 09-03-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #490
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Full intros. You will get chills.
In all game modes? On every intro i've seen in real gameplays at expos...nothing about that. Introducing logos, some players/court angles and no more...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »