Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #9
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I'll reiterate what I said earlier, the ONLY negatives that I could find personally, and I was trying to find things was:
Warmups are a bit stiff (not loose enough, don't have a flow to them) made LeBron look really skinny, his head looked like a bobblehead, jerseys don't quite fit right (not tight enough, don't sit on player's body, don't look thick enough), McBob's hair and facial hair still aren't quite right either (bout time to give us the control to change current players hair styles).
Old 08-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #10
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
As long as the next info coming to us is about my player and the possibility of a crew mode for Next Gen,I'm all in. That trailer was cold blooded. I mean it was highlights, but it was still good to see what the future holds for us.

So guys, what do you guys make of the ball handling, and the dunk animations and the attention to details? I'm still stuck on Chris Birdman's Beard..that's a mans beard!!!
Need to worry about real NBA teams and gameplay first

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Splackakatyow!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #12
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
Huh? Who's the new commentators? Please tell me its not Ernie and Shaq
Old 08-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #13
Pro

This trailer looks good but I still can't believe how over hyped this game is every single year even after the gameplay is littered with exploits, cheese, and non authentic basketball. Every year I hope that this will be the one but every year so far I have been disappointed so I am going to hold any excitement until the game is tested online and see if the mechanics can hold up. If it does I will sing its praises.

I can see where there target is though and have stopped being as frustrated. I see countless praises by gamers that are only semi basketball fans, but to the gamers who live and breath ball, the competitive gameplay is a mess.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #14
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
This trailer looks good but I still can't believe how over hyped this game is every single year even after the gameplay is littered with exploits, cheese, and non authentic basketball. Every year I hope that this will be the one but every year so far I have been disappointed so I am going to hold any excitement until the game is tested online and see if the mechanics can hold up. If it does I will sing its praises.

I can see where there target is though and have stopped being as frustrated. I see countless praises by gamers that are only semi basketball fans, but to the gamers who live and breath ball, the competitive gameplay is a mess.
See, you guys jump all over people saying they like what they saw in a sizzle trailer, why? Because they don't want to complain over a highlight vid? I get it, I hate exploits and want real sim ball too, but some of you guys need to chill. It's a trailer meant to entice people to buy it, period. No kid who wants this game or casual guy is going to care or want to see defensive scheme and offensive playbook trailers.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #15
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
Huh? Who's the new commentators? Please tell me its not Ernie and Shaq
The wording was confusing but there is no new commentary team. Shaq and Ernie are just there for the studio show
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
See, you guys jump all over people saying they like what they saw in a sizzle trailer, why? Because they don't want to complain over a highlight vid? I get it, I hate exploits and want real sim ball too, but some of you guys need to chill. It's a trailer meant to entice people to buy it, period. No kid who wants this game or casual guy is going to care or want to see defensive scheme and offensive playbook trailers.
good point, outside of my family my two love in life are basketball and gaming, thus I lust after that one basketball sim. However it has led to a lot of frustration, especially seeing the stellar reviews the game gets year after year while I feel they don't truly get the the game of basketball. They are in it to make money though, and dudes like me are a very little portion of their pie.

Here is hoping the new team additions will help with the online competitive balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »