Home

Pros and cons of 2k's rise to basketball dominance

This is a discussion on Pros and cons of 2k's rise to basketball dominance within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #17
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pros and cons of 2k's rise to basketball dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Big ups to OG,Czar, Bed and Leftos, but i dont feel like they will make much of a difference in the approach that 2k makes, because lets be honest, 2k was selling games before them, and they will keep making basketball games with out them. Although the hope is being that they're from OUR community, we'd like to think that they have us in mind, when the big meetings are going on as far was what adjustments can improve 2k, and let them be our voices in said meetings.
I can only laugh at this man. Are you serious? I don't sense sarcasm in your posts. Like I said 2K made a huge investment towards the Sim community which is a Pro to me. The computing power is better the basketball #Simnation talent is getting better to take advantage of what these systems can do, better AI. You make two choices arcade or Simnation basketball. To me they chose to go deeper on the sim side.

You think they bring in one of the better Roster makers for the community to sit and do what?

Leftos impact appears to be felt this year as that MyLeague feature has his imprint all over it. This is the Association that pretty much everyone wanted maybe online with the same function but still. He posted up and down in that thread. I think you just don't see it if they are not spelling it out to you. He actually made a tool I used to use to transfer roster files before his gig at 2K.

Czar and OG know their ish. I always thought Czar was a consultant anyway.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
i dont wanna throw bs numbers around, but put it this way, Im sure out of everyone whose ever played 2k games, that a huge percentage of the gamers arent that good. The huge majority of folks come online and "play for fun". I dont knock these folks. They're kinda like civilians. They are in their own little world and dont see the war thats going on outside. They play mostly offline with their friends. They don't know about being elite. they dont care for leaderboards. They don't care because they're comfortable being AVERAGE.
If you're like me Being average is not an option.
You do realize you are talking about a game?

I mean, listen, we're talking about a game, not real life, not real life, not real life, we talking about a game. Not real life. Not, not ... Not real life that I go out there and die for and live every day like it's my last. Not real life, but we're talking about a game, man. I mean, how silly is that? ... And we talking about a game.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #19
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Cons:No more 2k games for $19.99
Virtual Currency
They were so good at what they did, the competition just didnt show up.
No more grassroots connection with the community
The soundtrack went from underground to mainstream music(Where is Dan The Automator?)
Lobbies were removed
Crews Mode in 2K14/The Park
Operation Sports Starts closing threads and mentioning to ban people for mentioning crew mode, meanwhile, people can mention other modes like Summer league and the D-League, because they appeal to the masses.

Pro:They Hired a few vets from OS

Hopefully that one Pro will make a difference in the long run @ Stillfeelme
Enough is enough
Old 09-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
That's the equivalent of telling Lebron to go play for the love of the game. I doubt anybody with a bone of competitive spirit would want to just play for personal glory. In this day and age, these players play for titles, rings, championships. Why would we be any different? I can't speak for anyone else, but if you're not playing to be recognized for your skills in the game, then what are you here for? Everyone has the right to do what they choose with their time. Me, I like most adults have a 9-5 with responsibilities so with the little time I get to play some 2k, I'm not here to play games. I'm here to take people's heads off and dominate. I'll leave that friendly play for the glory type of stuff for when my friends come over.

Teebone, whether you acknowledge this or not, most people who play online have this mindset of "me versus them". There are no friends or people who will play nice or play fair or not cheese you to death. You adjust to your opponent and learn from experience and then use those learned strategies and dominate the competition.

Its not that hard bro...come to the dark side... Hahaha

wrong i play sim against cheeses and still win its an absurdly high level of sim but i do it

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Old 09-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #21
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

Pros: 2K hired a few vets from OS.

Cons: Without ANY real competition from EA (or anyone else), gamers don't get any substantial info on the new versions of the game until 2 weeks before it actually hits the store shelves.

Also, any problems, or bugs, or 'legacy issues' that still remain from previous versions... might only be addressed in a 'patch' that drops 30 days or so AFTER it is released (IF it gets addressed at all, that is)... instead of being addressed beforehand.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 09-02-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

The con is the game is drastically gone down in quality over the past few years with 2K14 next-gen being a terrible game.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #23
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
The con is the game is drastically gone down in quality over the past few years with 2K14 next-gen being a terrible game.
Terrible? Hardly. I don't know what aspect was horrible to you but it certainly couldn't have been the gameplay.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #24
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
nextgen has some of the best gameplay to date. Only real complaint is the VC and servers.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »