Home

Gamestop Expo HANDS-ON Impressions with NBA 2K15 PS4

This is a discussion on Gamestop Expo HANDS-ON Impressions with NBA 2K15 PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gamestop Expo HANDS-ON Impressions with NBA 2K15 PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
See the 2 items in bold.

1) can you elaborate on classic teams from "previous years" ? Are the 2001 kings back ? Is Dr. J back ?

2) I asked awhile ago but don't remember/or if I got an answer. Is the "shot meter" ON during online ranked matches or is it not available for online ranked matches ?

Dr. J has been back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #18
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
No they don't
Makes the credibility or reliability of that preview a bit unreliable .....

How could we know so little about this game so close to release....only like 3 weeks away???

Gives room for off screen videos, sketchy previews and misconceptions
Old 09-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #19
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
Makes the credibility or reliability of that preview a bit unreliable ...
Quote:
The commentary duo of Shaq and Ernie is nice
I think he just used the wrong term when he said "commentary". We all know what their role is.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #20
Rookie

Hi guys! Sorry been busy all day but here to clear things up!

1. Sorry about the paragraphs! I wrote it up with paragraphs but during the transfer progress somehow it got lost and I posted quickly on my way out the door not noticing it!

2. The question about classic teams: Yes, Dr. J is back. I remember seeing him because his picture in team select was an in-game (character model) as opposed to an actual photograph like the rest. I did not get far enough to see of 01 Kings are back.

3. Sound issues were not possible for me to detect. I could hardly hear the tv and like mentioned before I did not use the headphones. Also, I wouldn't know their set-up.

4. I used the word commentary loosely. Ernie and Shaq do a little show during the game but they were not the commentary team for the game! I did not notice any repetitive commentary carries over but once again ^^^couldn't hear well.

5. I can assure that the portion about cheese is definitely fixed! Not only did I notice it on my own but the guys from 2K who were watching one of my more exciting games, gave comment on the removal/adjustment of cheese moves. I got made fun of for attempting to use a cheese move to draw a foul by 2K...

6. Shot meter in online is something I couldn't possibly answer with the access given. The games I played were Quick games/local mp.

7. I assure you all my info is reliable. Out if all the booths there, I spent most time with NBA and as a long time fan of the series I know what to look for.

8. Defensive settings are back from what 2013 had. Play off ball, press, auto double *player name*.

9. I do have one regret and wish I had taken a better look at ratings and what not but, I was unsure about the kind of access I had and don't want to ruin any surprises or release/discover something I wasn't supposed to!

10. One thing I will say is that the Timberwolves are a mean team in 2K15 and that Zack LaVine is gonna be one of those players that will get a lot of use! That dude is unstoppable!
Old 09-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #21
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I think he just used the wrong term when he said "commentary". We all know what their role is.

Well now we know that of course...but what if Da_Czar never cleared that up so quickly and a few readers took away that info as fact.....

Nevertheless no harm done I guess ....but still it begs the question....is it too much to ask for a more reliable source on 2k's part to eliminate or exposed some legit info being we are so close to launch????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #22
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
We're excited to discuss #NBA2K15 presentation news in the coming weeks.

You can see snippets of improvements and additions if you visit our NBA2k YouTube page and search #Yakkem
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO so true

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #23
Rookie

I don't want to have to look at a shot meter to make a shot - i want to look at the players jumper (i like looking at sig jumpers). so, i hope i don't have to look at the shot meter to make shots.. im scared.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #24
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClutchXXIV

10. One thing I will say is that the Timberwolves are a mean team in 2K15 and that Zack LaVine is gonna be one of those players that will get a lot of use! That dude is unstoppable!
I knew LaVine would be the second coming of Gerald Green. That team will be nasty on the fastbreak but struggle in the half court.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »