Home

Face Mapping Should Also Be In Create-A-Player

This is a discussion on Face Mapping Should Also Be In Create-A-Player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #33
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Face Mapping Should Also Be In Create-A-Player

I don't know why you guys are freaking out but the CAP system sounds deeper than we had in the past. It's full face sculpting according to this guy and I've been asking for something like that for the CAP system for a long time now.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #34
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papesowish
Wow, is it seriously not in CAP??? I skipped on 2k14 and 2k15 almost had me reeled back in with the new face-scan tech. I'm a big CAP guy, so that was huge. If it's really only myCareer exclusive... I just don't understand.

Why in the world would they leave face-scan out of Create-a-player??
I agree, I've been an huge association mode + my CAP player guy for so many years. When I heard about the face scan tech that I for one have been asking about for years, I nearly shat myself. Now that they say that it's not in the CAP mode I am feeling down.

I don't care if they have an all new "face sculpting" mode in the CAP mode, nothing beats having your real life face in your myLeague mode than face scan!!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

For those who play association with themselves in the game this would be nice for Create A Player. Not everybody wants to play MyCareer.. Face Mapping should be an option with create a player and not some "treat" for MyCareer or MyGM.

2k please add this in to create player before release day or please patch it in. Why only use the technology for one area.. Especially not having a CAP feature at all in 2K14
Old 09-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 33

Do we know for certaint how many scnanned faces can we have ?

I mean, can I scan myself (for my player/my gm) and then scan my brothers and friends for when they decide to come over and play ?

Does it exclussion of CAP means that we cant bring our selves onto ML or quick games ?

Hope that someone can come and provide details, even if to say not at this time or no for 2k15 ... then again, wis they said yes, hehehe.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I don't know why you guys are freaking out but the CAP system sounds deeper than we had in the past. It's full face sculpting according to this guy and I've been asking for something like that for the CAP system for a long time now.
I am ignorant in such matters, could you explain what does face sculpturing is ? has been done before ? If so, can you provide reference ?

What would the difference be from face scanning ?

And ultimately, what would the difference be from what we were used to on last gen ?
Old 09-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #38
Rookie

Papesowish's Arena

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: Face Mapping Should Also Be In Create-A-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by si3po
I agree, I've been an huge association mode + my CAP player guy for so many years. When I heard about the face scan tech that I for one have been asking about for years, I nearly shat myself. Now that they say that it's not in the CAP mode I am feeling down.

I don't care if they have an all new "face sculpting" mode in the CAP mode, nothing beats having your real life face in your myLeague mode than face scan!!
Amen. Let's also not forget that this is 2k's big "break the internet" feature. Their magnum opus of 2k15 up until this point. If it's a myCareer exclusive, that means you will only need to use the feature ONCE and then you'll most likely never touch it again unless you want to start a new myCareer.

Your friend comes over and wants to try out FaceScan? I assume they can't if you already started a myCareer file. I don't see how you can use this feature with your friends AT ALL now.

Wanna put yourself in a draft class? Nope.

I never played myCareer/myPlayer so I don't see how I'd even be able to take advantage of this feature.

I'm really hoping they make it available for CAP before release-day... I don't see why they can't. If it's available for myCareer which is gameplay + cut scenes... why can't it be implemented for modes that are just gameplay oriented?
Old 09-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #39
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

You people complain about everything don't you?

They can't release anything without you getting mad that is not more. More more more

Are we men or whiny brats?
Old 09-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #40
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You people complain about everything don't you?

They can't release anything without you getting mad that is not more. More more more

Are we men or whiny brats?
So true.

I get complaining about a feature that doesn't get upgraded for multiple iterations of the game, but this game isn't even out yet and we've never had anything like this before.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »