Home

I hope 2K15 doesn't allow pausing while a shot is in the air.

This is a discussion on I hope 2K15 doesn't allow pausing while a shot is in the air. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

I've been seeing more and more of this. My opponent takes a bad shot, and they know it. They're not in position to rebound and see that I am. I try to do things as manually as possible, and they notice this during the course of gameplay. So, they'll pause the ball to throw my control off of the rebounder. This leaves the play more open to an offensive rebound. When the game is resumed, the player I'm in control of might go the complete wrong direction, or not move at all if I quit control.

*I've also seen this sort of thing done when I'm playing on-man coverage and the other player wants to shake loose of me with Curry etc...They know that I'll be out of the play and they can just animate in, pretty much, any direction and fire (since Quick Match is set to Pro and not a more SIM mode)...I'm not sure how this might be prevented though.

Last edited by ImaFreeThinker; 09-21-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I hope 2K15 doesn't allow pausing while a shot is in the air.

TL;DR - Solution: Disable pausing when jumpshot is attempted until someone has possession.

Agreed
Old 09-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
TL;DR - Solution: Disable pausing when jumpshot is attempted until someone has possession.

Agreed
Simple enough, for the first concern. The 2nd one will always be an issue I guess.

*That was too much for you to read? Wow.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
Simple enough, for the first concern. The 2nd one will always be an issue I guess.

*That was too much for you to read? Wow.
I didn't see that second part, it wasn't there before, was it :/? Something must be wrong with my eyes xD
Old 09-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #5
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

im guilty of the "Do something stupid, or 2k BSing me pausing" . but i never paused at mid shot. most of my pauses occur after they score or i get the ball back

if i do pause the game. its because im trying to go WTF and get my composure back so im not having a meltdown while im playing. i sent messages to my opponents post game about the pausing and they fully understood amazingly lol. alot of people in myteam (streamers too) do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 01:31 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Maybe this is too draconian, but I'm thinking pausing should only be allowed during timeouts. Need to pause? Call a timeout.

Run out of timeouts? Get a technical. None of this pausing/drink spilling/Jason Kidd stuff.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-22-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I admit it. I'm guilty of the "This is some b.s." pausing. Especially when my team goes into complete idiot mode, and my opponent goes on a 10-0 run on contested shots, gets 2-4 offensive rebounds in a row, and gets a ton of and-1 points. On the other hand, my team is blowing wide open shots, throwing dumb passes, and blowing defensive assignments like they forgot they're guarding someone.

For a game that's not supposed to be scripted, it sure does feel like it sometimes.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

You're talking about online pausing right? Yea...that's pretty annoying. They shouldn't be allowed to pause AT ANY TIME as long as they don't have the ball. It's like they can't call time out if they they don't have possesion of the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »