Home

NBA 2K15 Online League Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Online League Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #121
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Online League Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Id also like for you to explain this a bit more in depth. Our league intends to use the custom roster feature at some point to emulate an OA. Would love to hear how you managed FAs outside of the league. Ty.
We meet in an IRC channel. Then theres a bidding on each player (always one player at a time). The highest contract proposal will get the player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #122
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Why do people think that every missing feature is a sign of disrespect or laziness instead of a decision to prioritize other features and bug fixes? People never cease to amaze me.
Because I am a long time customer and I felt disrespected, to be honest with you, I don't mind whether I am a minority or not, even though I know many people like me...

I can say that, when last year (pre 2k14 next-gen) I read we were gonna have online leagues, I thought we (at least) would had the same options we already had in 2k11... but I could not be more wrong... I bought a new system (Xbox One) to play 2k14 online leagues and I could not play the first one up to now... and not only me but all the communities I know (more that 200 people counting Xbox and Sony systems) they thought exactly the same... it was simply impossible to organize anything with quality in that borebones game mode...

So my friend, don't tell me how I have to feel because that is my call and not yours...

Besides, I work in the software industry, not videogames but enterprise resource management software, and the first thing we as a team think when we are planning upgrades to new releases, is to make sure that (with each feature), our customers (whether they are thousands or a few of them) are going to have, as a minimum, what they already had before, you see what I mean?

Cheers! ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 09-28-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #123
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

I guess we will not know until the game is released if the sliders are customizable or not.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #124
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Because I am a long time customer and I felt disrespected, to be honest with you, I don't mind whether I am a minority or not, even though I know many people like me...

I can say that, when last year (pre 2k14 next-gen) I read we were gonna have online leagues, I thought we (at least) would had the same options we already had in 2k11... but I could not be more wrong... I bought a new system (Xbox One) to play 2k14 online leagues and I could not play the first one up to now... and not only me but all the communities I know (more that 200 people counting Xbox and Sony systems) they thought exactly the same... it was simply impossible to organize anything with quality in that borebones game mode...

So my friend, don't tell me how I have to feel because that is my call and not yours...

Besides, I work in the software industry, not videogames but enterprise resource management software, and the first thing we as a team think when we are planning upgrades to new releases, is to make sure that (with each feature), our customers (whether they are thousands or a few of them) are going to have, as a minimum, what they already had before, you see what I mean?

Cheers! ;-)

Well said, people who blindly defends 2k no matter what even with the obviously atrocious decisions they make some times and that left the mode basically unplayable for many also amazes me...

Nobody can defend what they have done last year with the online leagues, it just has no name

Last edited by Norris_Cole; 09-28-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #125
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
I guess we will not know until the game is released if the sliders are customizable or not.
I am afraid we already know the response… I’ve been over here (tbh, as a lurker most of the time) long enough to realize that, as @vannwolfhawk suggested at the beginning of this thread, when the devs/producers avoid a question or don't talk about it, then 99’9% of the times it is not in the game…

He even asked directly to @Leftos a simple Yes/No regarding Sliders and custom Playbooks, and (as far as I know) we have no answer just yet, so yes, you have the right to be hopeful… but you better know the history too…

I don’t know how we can talk about SIM in an online league without the ability to customize our sliders (just to avoid cheese and look for realistic 12 mins/Q stats) or save our playbooks (only to do what a real NBA coach does)…

Cheers! ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 09-28-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #126
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

I wonder why people don't want to use the real teams playbook? Anyone?

Also I don't agree about " Sim stats". That's on the users and we are all overreacting until we see how the games plays on highest difficulties.

Also I know most leagues aren't played on HOF sim

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

Last edited by thedream2k13; 09-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13

Also I don't agree about " Sim stats". That's on the users and we are all overreacting until we see how the games plays on highest difficulties.

Even on HOF Sim your still gonna have 3's go in at a high rate and dudes finishing with contact. i agree with him you cant call it sim without the ability to customize sliders.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #128
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13

1. People want to get rid of plays that break or don't complete or have a good chance of getting a good look.
  2. People want to add plays that gives them better locks for open shots that are not in their teams playbook. Some teams just have better plays.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »