Home

Authentic Audio in NBA 2K16

This is a discussion on Authentic Audio in NBA 2K16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #9
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Authentic Audio in NBA 2K16

Sound evolution is much needed. And I'm surprised the MyPlayer voice isn't already in the in-game action grunting, going And-1, and just plain ol' yelling after a big dunk.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Ill just throw my thread in here as well
Those are some very good real world examples. Exactly what I had in mind in terms of variety and composition.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #11
Rookie

iki319's Arena

OVR: 0

Completely agree. 2k could use some new sounds and some adjustments to the net and ring. but i think they should prioritize the net. Net seems the same as back in the ps2 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #12
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

While all the guys agreed, I didnt get any dev interaction so hopefully yours does and its seen, but I wasn't going to bring it back up until the game came out. I still think there is that funky hollow rim sound in the game... Not sure how much yet though.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
While all the guys agreed, I didnt get any dev interaction so hopefully yours does and its seen, but I wasn't going to bring it back up until the game came out. I still think there is that funky hollow rim sound in the game... Not sure how much yet though.
Interested in a road trip to Novato?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Interested in a road trip to Novato?
Man heck yeah....Ill spend the whole day week or whatever with the sound guys looking at video and picking out sounds
Old 09-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #15
Pro

• Referee Voices

Another authentic area missing from NBA 2K in the past was referee audio. In NBA 2K16 we've recorded the league's refs to get authentic foul calls and player interaction. After a foul hear the referee say

"Personal foul, number 35, number 20 gets two shots" as he walks over to the scorers table.

At the line, expect the referee to direct the players with simple terms such as "Alright guys, two shots."

"2 shots! Line up guys." "The ball is live after the free throw "

Fouls are an important aspect of basketball. It can literally change the course of a game or strip the best player of his ability to win the game.

In Mycareer, you'll hear the referee reminding you of your critical 5th foul. Or if you pick up two quick reaching fouls, he'll make a quick comment about not being so aggressive towards the ball handler.

Improving the experience with the Playstation 4

With Next Gen technology we can bring you closer to the hardwood than ever before. Exclusively on Playstation 4, we capitalize on the controller's built in speaker to further enhance the immersion.

In Mycareer, hear your team mates calling for the ball or your coach calling out plays. This separates the action from on screen and further brings you into the game. We've also mapped some of the referee interactions to the controller speaker for a more personal and intimate experience.

Another improvement we'd like to share is MyCareer Vocal Emotion

The NBA is a very vocal sport. Communication is critical is all areas of the game. With Mycareer, we want to simulate your Myplayer as a living, breathing, force on the basketball floor. Here him voice his frustration after a string of missed shots, or yell

"You can't guard me' after a deep three.

These can be subtle in nature or let the whole arena know.

In NBA 2K16, emotions and immersion are the biggest improvements to NBA 2K since Isomotion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man heck yeah....Ill spend the whole day week or whatever with the sound guys looking at video and picking out sounds.
How fun would it be to travel to NBA games with a couple of these."

I'd do it for free!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »