Home

OS NBA 2K15 Shoe Vault - Discussion

This is a discussion on OS NBA 2K15 Shoe Vault - Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #65
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: OS NBA 2K15 Shoe Vault - Discussion

Man, this is just sad. I really hope 2k reads this.

The shoes are completely fubar. One example. Dwight Howard's alternate uniform shoes are his LAKER COLORS. Others might not care about this kind of stuff but when a guy is wearing completely different colored shoes, that is a bit jarring. The Rockets alternate unis are their best looking ones, but Howard can't even wear his shoes because of this ridiculousness.

I'm sure none of you can tell, but I'm pissed. I've been ecstatic with every 2k I have ever purchased until now. Search my post history and see how often I have complained about a 2k game (never). This is just pathetic...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #66
Banned

HonestNoBias215's Arena

OVR: 0

I like when editing shoes this year your given multiple colors instead of the same three colors, very welcome addition.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #67
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestNoBias215
I like when editing shoes this year your given multiple colors instead of the same three colors, very welcome addition.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty awesome at first too. Except for the fact you can't create a shoe for multiple players to wear on different teams.

See last year, you could set a shoe to a primary (base color) and then have the rest of the shoe be the team color 1. You could then edit your team colors and base shoe color to be whatever you want them to be. So for instance, I could make a low-top sneaker to be a white base and red team color at home for the Rockets, a red base and white team color away for the Rockets, and then the colors would automatically switch to black and white bases for the cavs with red and yellow as team color 1 for home and away.

From messing with the shoe system for about an hour or so, none of this is possible anymore. Whatever color you select is the only color the shoe will ever be. So if I want to make low-top sneakers for James Harden, they can only be worn by James Harden. Frustrating...
Old 10-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #68
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

When they said this year was all about customization I had hopes that finally shoes were going to be a big point of focus this year, but sadly it has even got worse.

There's something to think about when in 2K12 we had much much more options than nowadays... They have had A LOT of ideas and feedback from the community, and they had done nothing to improve the system, so sadly we must assume that shoes are not important for them at all at this moment
Old 10-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #69
Banned

HonestNoBias215's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
Yeah, I thought that was pretty awesome at first too. Except for the fact you can't create a shoe for multiple players to wear on different teams.

See last year, you could set a shoe to a primary (base color) and then have the rest of the shoe be the team color 1. You could then edit your team colors and base shoe color to be whatever you want them to be. So for instance, I could make a low-top sneaker to be a white base and red team color at home for the Rockets, a red base and white team color away for the Rockets, and then the colors would automatically switch to black and white bases for the cavs with red and yellow as team color 1 for home and away.

From messing with the shoe system for about an hour or so, none of this is possible anymore. Whatever color you select is the only color the shoe will ever be. So if I want to make low-top sneakers for James Harden, they can only be worn by James Harden. Frustrating...
Are you saying If I make a shoe I cannot put it on multiple people? I could do it last year on next gen. I usually try to make as many players shoes as possible and have each player is own individual shoe. I don't care about the fact I can't change them home and away since there is no other choice. I'd rather the player have the correct shoe with any uniform then have the colorways match the shoe but never seen that colorway before.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #70
Pro

Bayfer Alston's Arena

OVR: 2

NBA 2k really needs to take a page out of WWE book when it comes to Customization
Old 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #71
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestNoBias215
Are you saying If I make a shoe I cannot put it on multiple people? I could do it last year on next gen. I usually try to make as many players shoes as possible and have each player is own individual shoe. I don't care about the fact I can't change them home and away since there is no other choice. I'd rather the player have the correct shoe with any uniform then have the colorways match the shoe but never seen that colorway before.
As far as I can tell, correct.

Last year, you could select a team color option that would cause the shoe to change colors based on what team the player was on wearing it. Now if you create a shoe, anytime the player changes teams, the shoe will remain the same colors as the original team. There is no Team Color 1 option anymore apparently.

I really hope I'm missing something because as seanbarkley stated, it's a shame they have taken an aspect of the game that already wasn't very good (shoe creation) and made it even worse. Pathetic...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #72
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayfer Alston
NBA 2k really needs to take a page out of WWE book when it comes to Customization

Or at the very least give more layers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »