Home

NBA 2K15 Official TRIANGLE OFFENSE THREAD

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Official TRIANGLE OFFENSE THREAD within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2014, 02:08 AM   #33
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Official TRIANGLE OFFENSE THREAD

The freelance is deeper then i thought the 'series of actions' seem to be based on the personnel on the court. And maybe even offensive POE? After experimenting with it the free lance option is effected by personnel and poe. The motion cut setting is consistently the same, pass to here triggers this and that. Ive only seen things like reverse center in free lance. But i now prefer motion cuts due to its consistentcy and predictability.

Last edited by City_foxx; 11-16-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #34
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
The freelance is deeper then i thought the 'series of actions' seem to be based on the personnel on the court. And maybe even offensive POE? After experimenting with it the free lance option is effected by personnel and poe. The motion cut setting is consistently the same, pass to here triggers this and that. Ive only seen things like reverse center in free lance. But i now prefer motion cuts due to its consistentcy and predictability.
I haven't tried triangle in any other setting than motion cuts, but I can say that all the freelance systems are affected by your chosen offensive POE.

So, for example, if you are set to attack the basket, your guards won't be spotting up for threes or jumpers. They'll be cutting to the basket. So if you're on a fast break and you see a guy up court you think might be headed for the sweet corner 3 in transition, and you're set to attack the basket, be aware he's cutting to the basket, and your pass that you think is going to get to him clean on the perimeter may be intercepted because once you let it go it's headed to him in the paint.

I find playing in neutral offensive POE is best for all the freelance options to be in effect. Because I like that, I only really go to other offensive POE's to capture what I think are key matchup opportunities based on the personnel on the court. You get slight bonuses in the paint for your bigs when you select post up POE, and individual bonuses to players you choose to "play through," etc. That's true for all the offensive POE's.

But my impression is that neutral POE gives you the full range of freelance motions built into the system, and selecting attack the basket/get shooters open/post up/pick and roll etc. will cut down your freelance movements to fit your POE. That's true for the triangle and everything else.

Oh, and I think you're right that personnel makes a difference, based on your player tendencies, in terms of what they will do in the freelance system, but I'm not sure how much. I've seen my slashing attack the basket SF who can't hit a 3 with a laser guided targeting system float to the perimeter at times in some freelance, especially if I have get shooters open in effect. I think POE is a bigger factor than player tendencies, but we'd have to ask da Czar.

Czar, you out there? Great SimHangout this week. Stay woke dog.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 11-16-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #35
Just started!

I have a question about classic bulls but it is not about triangle.
what is the color of grant glasses, what is the hairstyle of scott williams, pippen and james edwards. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Really interesting.
Triangle offense are on nba 2k15 on NG and only 4 small pages on this thread.

It is so fantastic.

I guess it must be wonderful to play with Classic team on NG.

I'm sure nobody is able to run the triangle offense!!

It is a just a lit le joke from nba to buy 2k15 and a NG!!

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 11-17-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #37
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Bumping this thread since Patch 3 says it includes:
  • Improved logic and spacing for players in the Triangle freelance offense.
I'm traveling on business and won't be able to play for a few days, but I'm hoping some triangle players will comment on this part of the patch.

Can you notice any differences?

Czar, care to pop in and explain further?

Old 12-29-2014, 04:59 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ah ah interesting!!

I also want to see it.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #39
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

I didn't paid attention to this improvment, maybe it is interesting.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #40
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Bumping this thread since Patch 3 says it includes:
  • Improved logic and spacing for players in the Triangle freelance offense.
I'm traveling on business and won't be able to play for a few days, but I'm hoping some triangle players will comment on this part of the patch.

i didnt see any major spacing improvement. passing to low post is easie now though. however. when the PF moves to the free throw line to receive the pass, the distance between PF and SG at the top of the key is too narrow. the guard defenser at the top of the key can easily intercept the pass.

If u guys find anything, do share pls. cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »