Home

This would've been a block in 2k14...

This is a discussion on This would've been a block in 2k14... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 03:33 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: This would've been a block in 2k14...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
This is a legit complaint in my eyes. The way Alley oops are thrown, you rarely see defenders block alley oops IRL, yet it happens way too much in 2k. At least there is a slider to help it, but the passer always throws the ball way to low, and they don't lob the ball it's like a bee line pass. It's plagued 2k for years.
I was just in the park with 2 of my buds running a 3v3 court for about 7 wins before we got bored.

In one game where we started clowning because we were up by 10 my friend threw up a lob from behind the backboard, it went over, dude did the one-hand-to-the-other-hand dunk that resulted in him doing backflips down the court back to defense.

Was by far the sickest play I've ever seen on 2k. If it was a straight up bee-line or low it would've hit the backboard from behind, but it went up and over and the other dude caught it. I think it's just some animations that they really need to take a step back and look at and reconsider.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:50 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
I was just in the park with 2 of my buds running a 3v3 court for about 7 wins before we got bored.

In one game where we started clowning because we were up by 10 my friend threw up a lob from behind the backboard, it went over, dude did the one-hand-to-the-other-hand dunk that resulted in him doing backflips down the court back to defense.

Was by far the sickest play I've ever seen on 2k. If it was a straight up bee-line or low it would've hit the backboard from behind, but it went up and over and the other dude caught it. I think it's just some animations that they really need to take a step back and look at and reconsider.
Did you have the presence of mind to record that? Id love to see it!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:20 AM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0

It's very hard to know if the ball is on the way up or down in that picture.
Are you saying it was called goaltending?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
Did you have the presence of mind to record that? Id love to see it!
Missed it because of my camera angle, saw it on his stream like 20s later though. Was awesome.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #53
Rookie

Yeah really having troubles blocking shots this year
Old 03-17-2015, 07:22 PM   #54
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I think the artificial increase in fouls has taken blocking even further back than it was originally...feels like a pure crap shoot now...

We HAVE to have ball tracking and timed blocks back in the game next year. Beluba pointed out that were some moves at the rim are "protected" from being blocked....please remove these in 2K16!!

Why develop that shiny new blocking system in 2K14 then completely scrap it?
Old 03-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #55
MVP

The block system in 2k14 didn't seem new to me, just seemed like it was easier to block shots with random body parts(l literally averaged a block per game with ray allen). There needs to be a balance. Maybe make bigs and certain guards who are good at blocking shots have a shot tracker attribute that others don't? I definitely don't want to block shots as easily as i was able to in 2k14, it was waaay too easy and unsatisfying to me, but i don't want hands clipping through the ball on blocks.

All in all, i think i prefer the 2k15 blocking system over 2k14's honestly. i've gotten more realistic blocking averages than i did in my season in 2k14. I just don't like some blocks not counting.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 03-17-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #56
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I think that rating system makes sense....and definitely agree that there needs to be a balance....but I'm not feeling blocking at all right now. I may get more realistic numbers, but that doesn't really matter to me as much. Especially when some of the blocks I'm getting are just times guys are losing the ball going up and Harlans shouting "with the block!l lol

In 2K14 at least I felt like if I had Anthony Davis waiting in the lane and a guy like Beno Udrich. was coming in for a lay up...chances are I'm swatting that into next Tuesday. This year: AD could jump and inch off the ground and completely whiff the block, he could jump completely out of Benos way, who knows, lol.....I just know actually swatting the shot is way too far down the list of outcomes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »