Home

What in the world is that opening game about?

This is a discussion on What in the world is that opening game about? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What in the world is that opening game about?

so lets say a put the disc in tonight and let it run all night and fire it up in the morning. all data should have been downloaded in that timeframe. would it still make me play the opening game?
Old 10-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

No, it wouldn't.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #11
Rookie

And if you are playing the disc version, it shouldn't take all night to install. Should be done rather quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
And if you are playing the disc version, it shouldn't take all night to install. Should be done rather quick.
It took 30 mins on the PS4 disc version to download then install.

The download from the disc was fast but it took 20 minutes for the game to install since its like 50 Gigs.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #13
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman490
so lets say a put the disc in tonight and let it run all night and fire it up in the morning. all data should have been downloaded in that timeframe. would it still make me play the opening game?
Disc version took me about an hour and a half from the time I put it in until it was fully functional. Be sure to check the main menu after the 1st quarter of the opening game and select to install the update. It will reboot the game and you'll have to play the opening game again. At that point, I just put the controller down and did something else for a bit. Not a difficult process at all. Just takes a little patience
Old 10-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #14
Rookie

Punk's Arena

I never got this, haha. I was wondering how people were able to play the game before 12 on release day.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #15
Pro

It is annoying. I wish they'd let us do the face scan and/or myplayer creation during the install. However, i don't know the first thing about making a video game so i'm not sure if that's even possible.

All in all, it was worth the wait. I'm really enjoying this game so far, i dare say this game has the potential to kick 2k11 off the number 1 spot on my list. I think it's safe to assume they spent all that extra vc income wisely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
All sports games THIS GENERATION do it. They download a required amount of data (that white bar filling up under your game icon on the xmb). Those are the two teams and stadium you can play in initially while the game downloads and installs. MLB did this, Madden did this, NBA does this, NHL did this, they all do this.

That was one of the key features of the next gen consoles - play while you download.
True story here. I put in the disk, and watched the bar fill up and finish before I ever hit X. (PS4) Sorry - that doesn't fly.

Sorry, don't mean to come of as a jerk, nothing meant towards you personally. I'm just eliminating things that it might be. I'm just trying to figure out what they heck they were thinking.

Last edited by Chairman7w; 10-08-2014 at 07:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »