Home

After a day, I'm convinced there is a stat lowering mechanic....

This is a discussion on After a day, I'm convinced there is a stat lowering mechanic.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #17
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: After a day, I'm convinced there is a stat lowering mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I don't know about that. I just had Russell Westbrook play all 48 minutes, jack up 32 shots, and score 39 to beat me. I limited Durant to 17 points too, I'm convinced fatigue is broken for the CPU on Superstar sim.
Dwight Howard done the same exact thing to me, played all 48 like a beast the entire game on Superstar sim.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by uponablackstar
I'm really, really hoping this isn't some kind of tactic to prevent us from getting too much VC from made baskets.
I'm convinced that's exactly what it is, at least part of it.

I kid you not, I lowered the difficulty to Rookie and set the time to 12 minutes just to test it and went 21/82. This was after hitting fifteen shots in the first quarter.

This needs to be addressed, especially considering 2K doesn't allow us the option to mess around with the sliders in MyPlayer to compensate.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 10-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #19
Rookie

Bliitz's Arena

After playing more, it's definitely frustrating. What also ticks me off is I got my ball handling up to the 70's and now I get picked and I never got picked when I was in the 60's. This is ridiculous.

It has that 2K12 cheese when people would stop on the fast break.

Last edited by Bliitz; 10-11-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #20
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

This is present every year man. It's funny cause I recall in a stream they tried to dispute it and said "we don't have any comeback code and never have". If that's not the biggest damn lie I don't know what is. I'm with you 100% man. Countless times in my season now I'll hit a streak of jumpers to take a lead on a good team. Then suddenly out of no where my team is incapable of playing defense, my teammates won't contest shots on people right infront of them and of course I miss everything despite perfect releases without being contested.

It's not shot fatigue either... thats a load of crap they gave. You can intentionally leave Steph Curry open from 3pt range and find this out yourself. I guarantee he won't miss more than 1-2 out of like 20 in a quarter if you do it.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #21
MVP

Number999's Arena

Haven't experienced this personally and I play Superstar in MyLeague, I think the number one thing I notice personally is whenever I get to a 10-12 point lead I start trying less to get better shots, and then when I miss and the CPU gets a 3 it's basically still not over yet. I've had shots that should have gone in and missed a few wide open layups with Wade, but the CPU misses open buckets as well... so eh, I always feel like it's bull**** as to why sports games would try and **** you over like what people claim happens in FIFA/Madden. As if the CPU/company has anything to gain on you by altering your experience.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #22
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy
This is present every year man. It's funny cause I recall in a stream they tried to dispute it and said "we don't have any comeback code and never have". If that's not the biggest damn lie I don't know what is. I'm with you 100% man. Countless times in my season now I'll hit a streak of jumpers to take a lead on a good team. Then suddenly out of no where my team is incapable of playing defense, my teammates won't contest shots on people right infront of them and of course I miss everything despite perfect releases without being contested.

It's not shot fatigue either... thats a load of crap they gave. You can intentionally leave Steph Curry open from 3pt range and find this out yourself. I guarantee he won't miss more than 1-2 out of like 20 in a quarter if you do it.
This is a little different from "catchup AI" though. This is more of a noticeable lowering of stats. Even with the CPU going into God mode I've never noticed and I'm sure I'm not the only one such a considerable drop in user controlled play regardless of how good the player is/or the player they're controlling stats are.

Which makes this even worse because now they're is two different lines of code that basically says "**** You, you aren't scoring, you're not getting the ball, we're gonna come back from behind down 30 and beat you".

Anyone that wants to contest this is welcome to watch the play suddenly pick back up near the end of the 4th quarter it's like clockwork it happens at the same point every time, and turns off at the same point every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
Haven't experienced this personally and I play Superstar in MyLeague, I think the number one thing I notice personally is whenever I get to a 10-12 point lead I start trying less to get better shots, and then when I miss and the CPU gets a 3 it's basically still not over yet. I've had shots that should have gone in and missed a few wide open layups with Wade, but the CPU misses open buckets as well... so eh, I always feel like it's bull**** as to why sports games would try and **** you over like what people claim happens in FIFA/Madden. As if the CPU/company has anything to gain on you by altering your experience.
Well, micro transactions don't exactly help the argument that they don't have something to gain by making it harder to get VC.
Chicago Blackhawks

Last edited by LivingLegend; 10-11-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't get this argument that just because you had an open look, or because you had a good release, or you've made a few shots in the 1st quarter that some how you're expected to make every single shot the rest of the game.

Go in the gym, grab a basketball and hoist up 30 or 40 shots, wide-open, uncontested. Let me know how many you make, and how many you "thought you should've" made. Players miss, that's all there is to it. I realize you think you should make every single open shot you take, or just because you got an A- release that the shot should just fall, but that's now how it goes, you're going to miss.

Stop getting frustrated because the computer isn't letting you cupcake to W's every time you pick up your sticks and play basketball. Yes you're going to lose, yes you're going to miss. The other option is stop playing 2K, they have said over and over again there's no comeback code, nor are your stats being lowered. Get used to it boys, it's not going to change anytime soon.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #24
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoricua
I don't get this argument that just because you had an open look, or because you had a good release, or you've made a few shots in the 1st quarter that some how you're expected to make every single shot the rest of the game.

Never said that, way to miss the point.

You shouldn't miss A+ Quality shots uncontested 9 times out of 10.
Chicago Blackhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »