Home

shot meter

This is a discussion on shot meter within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
shot meter

I really do not like this shot meter.. It feels so unrealistic. I miss shots with great players all the time that should and would normally go in. Theres no excuse for kd to miss wide open easy 2 pointers. 2k is really trying to say that every single shot every player takes in real life is 100% the perfect realease? Thats bs. I feel like this game with this shot meter makes this game not as fun as it used to be. You shouldnt have to get a perfect realease for it to go in. I miss 3s and 2s yet someone else can make every single 3 because they get the shot perfect. Its really stupid and I cant even stand playing this game anymore. Might as well switch to nba live at the rate this is going because this game just isnt even fun anymore. they need to do some serious changing to this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: shot meter

I haven't had an issue thus far with the meter. Yellow shots go in if they're good quality. I've only had maybe 5 total shots that were green.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Rookie

I get it right before the line, or right after where theres no gap inbetween and still miss shots. It just isnt right. Theres no way in hell that every shot a player takes in real life is the perfect release. I dont see why you got to pretty much get a perfect shot every time for a shot to go in. Its like ppl that dont know how to shoot can get perfect shots everytime. While Ive played 2k since 2k4 and learn players shots I got to adjust to some stupid timing thing with a meter for it to go in vs learning a players release point like in 2k14
Old 10-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

ingey1968's Arena

if i am not mistaken there is a setting to change shots from timing meter to players actual FG percentage. i could be wrong but swear i saw it
Old 10-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

I happen to love the shot meter. What is important to note is that it is merely a *visual indicator* of the dynamics which impact a players ability to hit a shot in a variety of circumstances. The shot meter is only a visual aid.

The only difference from last year is now that when people see this aid and see green, they get pissed because 'every green shot should fall'. Last year, when you had a perfect release, every shot did not fall. There is no difference this year; the only difference is visual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
Banned

You don't have to get a perfect release for it to go in. Turn off the meter and I guarantee you won't see much difference between this year and last year..

It's all in your head, man. I understand some complaints about the game but this one just isn't valid. Keep trying, friend.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #7
Rookie

thanks for the feedback guys, i appreciate it. after this game ill mess around with it and try to remove it and see if i play better without it. ill keep you guys posted
Old 10-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingey1968
if i am not mistaken there is a setting to change shots from timing meter to players actual FG percentage. i could be wrong but swear i saw it
Yeah it's there. You still need to hit the meter within the accuracy zone, but after that it's all up to the player's real life abilities and not your timing.

The shot meter can also be turned off if you want it like last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »